+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about housing and rent prices in Winnipeg, MB

leon_dimitri

Apr 4, 2016
Hello! I continue to do my research about Canada, more specifically Winnipeg, which is the place I plan to go. I have been researching online for low prices houses/apartments for rent. Is looking for something furnished with a price range between $350-500 per month a little irrealistic? Because I haven't been lucky finding something in this price range, at least online (but then I don't know a lot of sites to look for that). I'm looking for a place really small since it's only for me, as long as it's individual and not shared with anyone (roommate/owner), it can even be basements or something like that. Has anyone been through the same? Is it possible to find a place under such specifications in Winnipeg? And if it's possible to find something in this price range, would you said it would be better to look for it in person upon arrival or is it better to arrive with that already settled? Thanks beforehand.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello! I continue to do my research about Canada, more specifically Winnipeg, which is the place I plan to go. I have been researching online for low prices houses/apartments for rent. Is looking for something furnished with a price range between $350-500 per month a little irrealistic? Because I haven't been lucky finding something in this price range, at least online (but then I don't know a lot of sites to look for that). I'm looking for a place really small since it's only for me, as long as it's individual and not shared with anyone (roommate/owner), it can even be basements or something like that. Has anyone been through the same? Is it possible to find a place under such specifications in Winnipeg? And if it's possible to find something in this price range, would you said it would be better to look for it in person upon arrival or is it better to arrive with that already settled? Thanks beforehand.
To the best of my knowledge, that's unrealistic. For that price, you would have to be looking for a private room with shared facilities (i.e. shared bathroom, kitchen).

I think you should be able to find something in the $600+ range although it will most likely be unfurnished.

leon_dimitri

Apr 4, 2016
To the best of my knowledge, that's unrealistic. For that price, you would have to be looking for a private room with shared facilities (i.e. shared bathroom, kitchen).

I think you should be able to find something in the $600+ range although it will most likely be unfurnished.
Thanks for the answer. Hmm... I see, so even unfurnished that would be unrealistic right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I doubt she knows. She's from the Toronto area.
I have relatives in Winnipeg and a number of friends there. Commenting based on what I've heard from them there.

OP - yes, based on what I know, it's unrealistic that you'll get something either furnished or unfurnished for that price. You'll get a single room for that price with shared facilities.

StonicStone

Jan 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
22-02-2017 (Passed: 20-04-2017)
I agree with scylla. Been living in Winnipeg for 2 months now.
650 pm is the median rent for a bachelor studio apt in Winnipeg. Typically unfurnished, utilities/hydro/Internet excluded.
Many can be found around Uni of Winnipeg or Osborne Village area.
Most of these are offered through real estate agencies eg Sussex Realty which imposes strict references and require proof of income. Min 1 year lease is the norm.
You may get a studio sublet once you arrived and start off from there.
Most landlords/tenants here expect you to at least personally inspect the place before you commit.

Reactions: scylla