+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about hours ? Casual/ part time

jack89

Nov 6, 2013
Dear all,

I just graduate and currently worked as a part time/casual line cook, some weeks I got 3 days shifts 23 hours, some weeks I got more than 30 hours or even more than 40 hours. But I got paid bi-weekly, and my pay slip only show total hours for two weeks, so based on CEC requirement "30 hours full time or equivalent part time hours", my 23 hours weeks can not be counted for CEC, how they gonna caculate my hours? Are they just gonna calculated the week I worked more than 30 hours?

Second question is, I worked as a full time prep cook/oyster shackle before , I got around 130 hours for total 3 weeks , but I use my off campus working permit at that time , and I didn't get any reference letter from my chef because I just quit and find another job. Can these hours used for applying CEC ? If so, I may go back to call him to see I can get a reference letter or not.

Thank you all! Have a good one! :)

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's a bit tricky for part timers, especially those paid bi-weekly, but certainly doable. You just have to count your weekly hours until you get to the magic number - 1560. But make sure you're NOT counting any weekly hours above 30.

Could you email HR and ask them for a summary of your weekly hours for past pay periods?

anagram

Aug 22, 2013
You should read this http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-update-improving-the-canadian-experience-class-t171967.0.html

Cooks (NOC code 6322) can't apply November 9, 2013 through October 31, 2014 for CEC. If that's your NOC code you need to apply literally today and not tomorrow.

jack89

Nov 6, 2013
whymeee said:
It's a bit tricky for part timers, especially those paid bi-weekly, but certainly doable. You just have to count your weekly hours until you get to the magic number - 1560. But make sure you're NOT counting any weekly hours above 30.

Could you email HR and ask them for a summary of your weekly hours for past pay periods?
Thank you so much Whymeee, I will ask my chef if that possible or not. By the way, do you have any idea about my previews job experiences work under off campus working permit? Will that be counted?

jack89

Nov 6, 2013
Cooks (NOC code 6322) can't apply November 9, 2013 through October 31, 2014 for CEC. If that's your NOC code you need to apply literally today and not tomorrow.
[/quote]

holy crap, thank you sharing this, I guess I lose my chance to stay in Canada then. That's totally freak me out