+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about getting a paralegal job in Atlantic Canada

Andrew1

Nov 27, 2018
Hello everyone.

My English isn't fluent yet because of that sorry for possible mistakes.

I'd like to find out information about employment opportunities for a paralegal position in Atlantic Canada. I want to immigrate there through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, therefore, I must receive a job offer only from a designated employer. Could you please write to me how difficult is it to get a paralegal job in Atlantic Canada from a foreign country (Russia) in my situation? Especially how difficult is it to get the job with in-house training? What are the entry requirements from employers? What about a legal administrative assistant position in the context? Also, I can ask an employer to become designated (it's free and I think not so much time consuming), but I think I'll get refuse on 90% because I don't have Canadian experience, but I'm a native Russian speaker, and I can target Russian speaker auditory.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Paralegal jobs are tough to get even if you are a trained paralegal and Canadian. Your English skills need to be very good to be a paralegal plus you need to have knowledge about the Canadian legal system. I am afraid your plan is not realistic.

Andrew1

Nov 27, 2018
Paralegal jobs are tough to get even if you are a trained paralegal and Canadian. Your English skills need to be very good to be a paralegal plus you need to have knowledge about the Canadian legal system. I am afraid your plan is not realistic.
Thank you for the answer. Despite my English (I can't start to search an employer now, because I don't finish my studying yet, therefore I have time to practice English), why do you think it's tough to get the job even for Canadian trained paralegals? I think the main problem in my situation to get in-house training.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the answer. Despite my English (I can't start to search an employer now, because I don't finish my studying yet, therefore I have time to practice English), why do you think it's tough to get the job even for Canadian trained paralegals? I think the main problem in my situation to get in-house training.
With IT resources and outsourcing legal work to international firms there is less demand for paralegals. Unless an employer is really desperate they will be looking for someone who is already trained and can work in Canada. You can always look to see if you can find an employer via AIPP but I don’t think a paralegal job is likely.

Reactions: Andrew1

Andrew1

Nov 27, 2018
With IT resources and outsourcing legal work to international firms there is less demand for paralegals. Unless an employer is really desperate they will be looking for someone who is already trained and can work in Canada. You can always look to see if you can find an employer via AIPP but I don’t think a paralegal job is likely.
I understand. Thank you.