+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about extending my student visa

raistlinn

Aug 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

My student visa will expire on January 2020, because that is the expiry date of my passport. I have my new passport with me and currently, I'm in Canada. I figured out that I need to fill out IMM5709 form but I don't know what to write for some parts.

Firstly, I was in a different program within the same university and this year I started my new program on their website it says, if the program change was done within the same university so I do not have to declare that.

1)for Current country of residence part, does it start from the day I arrived in Canada to the day I'm sending the document? Or my expected graduation date?

2)For the passport number my old passport has my student visa, should I write the new or the old number?

3)for my national ID, there is an expiry date but, there is no issue date. Should I leave it blank? Because I can't write N/A

4)For the education history, since I've changed my program, do I need to write my old program in that section or not needed?

5)Can I sign the document on Adobe like an e-signature would that be a problem?

6)In required documents part it states that I need to submit my passport photocopies do I need to submit both the new and the old one?

7)Lastly, I need to submit an immigration document could it be my study permit or something else?

8)Lastly, how long is the process and where do I need to mail my passport?

Thanks in advance.