+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions About Education Level and List of Training in QSW

lliam1996

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Hi guys,How's everything going?

I caught in some problems.I had a 2-year Ontario College Diploma-Software Engineering Technician. How can I know which education level will I be equivalent in Quebec Education System and List of Training. Do you guys know where I can get my Ontario Diploma assessed as Quebec Diploma then I can exactly know How many points I can get in QSW grid? I need some official correct answers given the education system is different in Ontario and Quebec. Thank you so much!

cesbien

Aug 25, 2014
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
28-03-2016 - Still wating for ECAS change
lliam1996 said:
Hi guys,How's everything going?

I caught in some problems.I had a 2-year Ontario College Diploma-Software Engineering Technician. How can I know which education level will I be equivalent in Quebec Education System and List of Training. Do you guys know where I can get my Ontario Diploma assessed as Quebec Diploma then I can exactly know How many points I can get in QSW grid? I need some official correct answers given the education system is different in Ontario and Quebec. Thank you so much!
I had my educational credentials assessed by MIDI. The instructions are here

Educational documents

Important

Since that the diplomas issued by Canadian provinces and territories are comparable to corresponding Québec diplomas, the Ministère stopped evaluating these documents as of July 1, 2015.

Do not send original copies of documents, unless indicated otherwise, since the documents submitted will not be returned.

Indicate all of your current and past studies. Only enclose educational documents that you wish to have evaluated.

For the requirements related to the format of the documents to be submitted, you must consult the section Document requirements.

To find out which authorities are recognized to certify documents, refer to the List of authorities recognized for certifying documents.

Secondary studies

For completed vocational and technical secondary studies, you must enclose with your request the diplomas and detailed transcripts corresponding to each year of study.

For general secondary studies completed, you must simply enclose the diploma you wish to have evaluated.

For incomplete secondary studies (general, vocational or technical), you must enclose the transcripts of the two last years of study successfully completed.

If the transcripts do not clearly indicate that you successfully completed your secondary studies, you must enclose with your request an official attestation from the educational institution you attended confirming the portion of the program you successfully completed.

NOTE: If you completed your secondary studies in Lebanon during a year when there were no baccalaureate examinations, you must enclose with your request your transcripts, attestation of candidacy or certificate of registration for the examination.

Post-secondary studies

The Ministère no longer evaluates educational documents awarded for incomplete post-secondary studies.

To obtain a comparative evaluation of completed post-secondary studies (technical, vocational or university), you must enclose the diplomas and detailed transcripts for each year completed, including the transcripts for internships included in the official curriculum leading to a diploma.

PRACTICAL ADVICE

The Ministère will process your request once it has received all of the required documents, including translations. If applicable, we ask that you directly contact the educational institution you attended to ensure that all required documents are sent as quickly as possible to the Ministère’s office.

Documents not evaluated by the Ministère

This is not an exhaustive list.

Educational documents awarded for a program that is not recognized by the bodies responsible for the education system in question
Educational documents issued by an educational institution that is not recognized by the bodies responsible for the education system in question
Educational documents awarded for elementary and secondary studies of a duration of less than nine years (excluding kindergarten)
Educational documents awarded for uncompleted post-secondary studies
Educational or registration certificates
Educational documents issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial institution
Attestations or certificates of occupational competency or qualification
Work certificates
Attestations of occupational internships that are not part of the official curriculum leading to a diploma
Transcripts or diplomas for studies of a duration of less than one academic year

Jaiva

Mar 3, 2016
Guys,

Is Information systems analysts and consultants (2171) A Regulated Occupation in Qc or not?

Please assist.
Thanks

cesbien

Aug 25, 2014
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
I believe it isn't. Check this out.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/qc/job_futures/statistics/2171.shtml

racer06

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have had my education (ECA) evaluated by WES but for Quebec, they need to have this 'Evaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec (Comparative evaluation for studies done outside Québec)'

My question now is when do I need to have this, prior to creating the Mon Projet Quebec account or during?

Appreciate your assistance here.

cesbien

Aug 25, 2014
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
After. I had my credentials evaluated for Quebec after submitting my application. It approximately took 7 weeks before I got my credential assessment.

racer06

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you @cesbien. What stage are you na? Will you be included in the Jun2016 intake?

cesbien said:
After. I had my credentials evaluated for Quebec after submitting my application. It approximately took 7 weeks before I got my credential assessment.

cesbien

Aug 25, 2014
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
racer06 said:
Thank you @cesbien. What stage are you na? Will you be included in the Jun2016 intake?
I got my CSQ last November 2015. I'm now on the Federal stage. I had my medicals last month and now waiting for update whether my application for permanent residence is approved. How about you?

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cesbien said:
Why you evaluate educational credentials for? Normally they don't ask this. They asked it from you?

racer06

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi @cesbien i am still awaiting june2016 intake yet, not sure if i'll be able to be included in the first 5000, but if not, better luck next intake later this year.

cesbien said:
I got my CSQ last November 2015. I'm now on the Federal stage. I had my medicals last month and now waiting for update whether my application for permanent residence is approved. How about you?

cesbien

Aug 25, 2014
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
rabeya84 said:
Why you evaluate educational credentials for? Normally they don't ask this. They asked it from you?
They don't normally ask this. But I had to since I'm a nurse and it's one of the requirements in getting a license to practice in Quebec. In all, assessment takes 7 weeks from start to finish.

cesbien

Aug 25, 2014
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
racer06 said:
hi @cesbien i am still awaiting june2016 intake yet, not sure if i'll be able to be included in the first 5000, but if not, better luck next intake later this year.
Good luck and just keep yourself busy. Overall, I got my CSQ after 2 years and 6 months.

rabeya84

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Doc's Request.
still not
Nomination.....
waiting for that
AOR Received.
October-2014
IELTS Request
Send with Application
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
waiting for that
Med's Done....
waiting for that
Interview........
waiting for that
Passport Req..
waiting for that
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cesbien said:
They don't normally ask this. But I had to since I'm a nurse and it's one of the requirements in getting a license to practice in Quebec. In all, assessment takes 7 weeks from start to finish.
They ask it from you? Or you done it by your own interest? My profession is also regulated? Chemistry.
Would you please let me know, I should start this process or they ask it then I will start it.

cesbien

Aug 25, 2014
Cebu, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
rabeya84 said:
They ask it from you? Or you done it by your own interest? My profession is also regulated? Chemistry.
Would you please let me know, I should start this process or they ask it then I will start it.
MIDI didn't ask me to have my credentials evaluated, but OIIQ (Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec) did. OIIQ is the nursing body of Quebec and they'll need it. If you are a chemist, then, Yes, your profession is regulated and you'll need to apply for a license from them. I'm not sure what their requirements are, but I suggest you visit their website at http://www.ocq.qc.ca/ .

racer06

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope they'll be significant change over time when applying through mon projet quebec. will be very busy getting requirements ready for csq. :-D thank you again and good luck too!

cesbien said:
Good luck and just keep yourself busy. Overall, I got my CSQ after 2 years and 6 months.