+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Documentation when submitting TRV for Canada

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Is deed of Gift OKAY for a visa application to Canada, to show Ties to Nigeria , or Do i still need Show added property Valuation documents.

This Question is subject to My visa application for Canada, Attached to my documents for my Tourist visas, I included the following

• Travel History
  • Deed of Gift (Certified by Lawyers in my home country)
  • Job offer / Leave Approval Letter
  • Sworn Affidavits of Claims of Business and Business Registration Documents
  • Purpose of Visit (Conference, its a free conference in the Energy sector)
  • Bank statement of 60,000 CAD equivalient in total savings etc.
Kindly advice if this is good for an application for a visit visa for Canada or do I need to present other documentation as well?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is deed of Gift OKAY for a visa application to Canada, to show Ties to Nigeria , or Do i still need Show added property Valuation documents.

This Question is subject to My visa application for Canada, Attached to my documents for my Tourist visas, I included the following

• Travel History
  • Deed of Gift (Certified by Lawyers in my home country)
  • Job offer / Leave Approval Letter
  • Sworn Affidavits of Claims of Business and Business Registration Documents
  • Purpose of Visit (Conference, its a free conference in the Energy sector)
  • Bank statement of 60,000 CAD equivalient in total savings etc.
Kindly advice if this is good for an application for a visit visa for Canada or do I need to present other documentation as well?
A gift deed is not a tie because it is a gift for you to never give back the money. Why do you need a gift deed for a TRV if you have $60k. Why do you have business registration documents and leave approval letter? Do you own the business.

When is the conference? If it is free, you need to explain why you must come to Canada for it? Have you attended past energy conference? Are you a speaker? Seems strange to come to Canada for conference that is free. You should be attending an international/national conference. You need an invitation from the conference organizer to say why it is necessary for you to come.

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
A gift deed is not a tie because it is a gift for you to never give back the money. Why do you need a gift deed for a TRV if you have $60k. Why do you have business registration documents and leave approval letter? Do you own the business.

When is the conference? If it is free, you need to explain why you must come to Canada for it? Have you attended past energy conference? Are you a speaker? Seems strange to come to Canada for conference that is free. You should be attending an international/national conference. You need an invitation from the conference organizer to say why it is necessary for you to come.
Thanks for the Response.

Answering your questions.

The gift is a Property handed over to me by my father to be collecting money (inclusive of rentals) from there. So i am the owner, and i have been collecting monies in this regard for the past 8 years. It also has a Valuation area in which the worth of the valued property was stated.

The $60k CAD is an equivalient in my local currency gotten from savings from Salaries , My registered side businesses (I am into transportation business as well as some minor import business too), rentals etc. I have a main job, and a side business, so acquisition of the money came from this places.

The conference is not entirely free. And as stated in my Leave approval letter uploaded, it was stipulated that, there was need to attend the conference in order to get an essential knowledge of software solutions we would be building for the Hydro Energy market in Nigeria as the current company i work for we build solutions for Energy sector, Trade , Banks , etc. Since we have not done anything in the Hydroenergy area before, the invitation was gotten and handed to me (Being a solutions architect for my company).

I attached all letters in this regard as well.

I also got a Letter of invitation from the Organizer as it was the first thing asked of me to upload at CIC Portal.

Do let me know.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the Response.

Answering your questions.

The gift is a Property handed over to me by my father to be collecting money (inclusive of rentals) from there. So i am the owner, and i have been collecting monies in this regard for the past 8 years. It also has a Valuation area in which the worth of the valued property was stated.

The $60k CAD is an equivalient in my local currency gotten from savings from Salaries , My registered side businesses (I am into transportation business as well as some minor import business too), rentals etc. I have a main job, and a side business, so acquisition of the money came from this places.

The conference is not entirely free. And as stated in my Leave approval letter uploaded, it was stipulated that, there was need to attend the conference in order to get an essential knowledge of software solutions we would be building for the Hydro Energy market in Nigeria as the current company i work for we build solutions for Energy sector, Trade , Banks , etc. Since we have not done anything in the Hydroenergy area before, the invitation was gotten and handed to me (Being a solutions architect for my company).

I attached all letters in this regard as well.

I also got a Letter of invitation from the Organizer as it was the first thing asked of me to upload at CIC Portal.

Do let me know.
Include family ties (spouse, children). Processing is about 560+ so hopefully your conference isn’t anytime soon. Nigeria has high rates of refusal because of the high number of asylum claims.

Reactions: sorigan

sorigan

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Include family ties (spouse, children). Processing is about 560+ so hopefully your conference isn’t anytime soon. Nigeria has high rates of refusal because of the high number of asylum claims.
What if i am not married? And I have other things? Is it still a good bet?