+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about Document submission and their formats

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Hi Helpful people of this forum!

I received an ITA earlier this week, and have filled the profile and now am at the step to upload the documents.

Here's a screenshot of the checklist, and I need help with the few questions please:

Questions, as per the labeled numbers:
  1. Do I need to upload my degrees as well as the WES evaluation report for this?
  2. Can we upload multiple files, or a zip file for all these fields in #1 and #2?
  3. This is a very specific question, so hoping answers from my Indian Muslim friends : I am an Indian Muslim, and my marriage is on a Islamic Nikahnama, not done in a court. Probably much like a marriage solemnized in the church. Is Nikahnama considered a marriage certificate, and be uploaded as one? Or do I need to get my marriage registered in the Indian court too?
  4. What does Passports/Travel documents mean? Should I just upload a pdf of my passport's front and rear pages?
  5. I have specified my passport as my national ID document, and that's just one document, not multiple. Will that be okay?
  6. Do we need medical exam done even before submitting the profile for approval?

This will be a great help!

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017

I received an ITA earlier this week, and have filled the profile and now am at the step to upload the documents.

Here's a screenshot of the checklist, and I need help with the few questions please:

1. Do I need to upload my degrees as well as the WES evaluation report for this?
  2. Can we upload multiple files, or a zip file for all these fields in #1 and #2?
  3. This is a very specific question, so hoping answers from my Indian Muslim friends : I am an Indian Muslim, and my marriage is on a Islamic Nikahnama, not done in a court. Probably much like a marriage solemnized in the church. Is Nikahnama considered a marriage certificate, and be uploaded as one? Or do I need to get my marriage registered in the Indian court too?
  4. What does Passports/Travel documents mean? Should I just upload a pdf of my passport's front and rear pages?
  5. I have specified my passport as my national ID document, and that's just one document, not multiple. Will that be okay?
  6. Do we need medical exam done even before submitting the profile for approval?

1. Yes. I think so. Click the question mark next to it to get more information.
2.No. I recommend you to use Acrobat to combine them to one PDF document.
3. Idk, maybe common law fits your situation: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=347&top=14
I suggest you to ask the CIC to confirm.
4. You suppose to upload all pages of your and your spouse's passports and work/study permits from CIC. Click the question mark next to it to get more information.
5. Yes
6. Yes. Click the question mark next to it to get more information.

medwiz

May 25, 2014

1- You need to upload degree..that's most important...WES evaluation is optional but include that too plus degree transcript if available
2- they won't accept zip format...PDF...merge multiple PDFs if you need...plenty of free online tools available for that
3-Sorry can't answer that
4- Scan bio-data page of passport plus all other pages that have stamps or visas
5- If you have other IDs such as national ID.. driver's license...etc..upload...
6- you need to do an upfront medical..the panel physician will give you a form confirming that you have done it...u should upload that

Click on the question mark on the checklist beside each document that will give u info

Good luck!

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Thanks so much, friends!
This is very helpful.

I'll wait for any other clarification on #3, from anyone who has already done it.
My marriage document is available in English, if that helps.

Two follow up questions please.
  1. How do I write to CIC to ask any questions?
  2. I may have missed mentioning some of my international travel history in my "travel history" section, which my passport will contain (as stamps). Can the visa officer raise a concern over this?

Regards,
Aman

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018

1. Degree is the compulsory attachment and ECA is additional. Good to provide both. Merge as a single PDF file.
2. Merge as a single PDF file.
4. Front, back and any pages with stamp or visa.
5. This option does come generally, check what is meant by National ID in the question mark.
6. Medical is mandatory for submitting your PR application, as is PCC.