+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about BOWP

Bhatthal

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Hello Everyone ,

I am Jan AOR and my Visa and WP is expiring on June 28th next month. I understand I need to apply for BOWP and I have few questions in regards to that which are following -
- While I fill up the form it doesn't ask for my PR file number or anything. How will they know that my file is already in processing.
- There is question about what kind of work permit are you applying for open or with your employer, which one I should check off?
- They are asking the time limit of my WP I want them to issue me what number should I put in expiry date .

Thanks

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
1.) Your AOR document proves that you applied for EE.
2.) Open Work Permit
3.) One year from the date of applying.

Good luck.

Bhatthal

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Hi Thanks ,

One more question It doesn't show me an option to upload my AOR paper in required documents .

Should I upload it anyway.

Thanks

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Bhatthal said:
Hi Thanks ,

One more question It doesn't show me an option to upload my AOR paper in required documents .

Should I upload it anyway.

Thanks
Yes. If there is an option for additional docs you can do that or upload along with one of your required docs. No harm.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The AOR should be uploaded in the 'Letter of Explanation' section.

ak0023

Apr 7, 2016
Hello There,
Please help me out. I have a question regarding the BOWP checklist document.
What does it mean by "Photocopy of your current immigration document, if you have one?" I am on a Open Work Permit, i.e. worker status? is that what they mean or is it something else? if something else, what is it. I am really confused, please help.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
ak0023 said:
Hello There,
Please help me out. I have a question regarding the BOWP checklist document.
What does it mean by "Photocopy of your current immigration document, if you have one?" I am on a Open Work Permit, i.e. worker status? is that what they mean or is it something else? if something else, what is it. I am really confused, please help.
Nothing to worry here, Its your current WP.

ak0023

Apr 7, 2016
Hello,
Another question in the form IMM5710E, Q3,I am applying for one or more of the following, should I select Both 'an initial WP or WP with new employer' AND 'Temporary resident Permit' or only 'an initial WP or WP with new employer'

ak0023

Apr 7, 2016
Hello,
Another question in the form IMM5710E, Q3,I am applying for one or more of the following, should I select Both 'an initial WP or WP with new employer' AND 'Temporary resident Permit' or only 'an initial WP or WP with new employer'

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak0023 said:
Hello,
Select 'an initial WP or WP with new employer' (provided your WP has not expired and is still valid).

If your WP has expired then you need to select both options.