+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about applying citizenship

monotonous

May 28, 2013
1. For the "Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in French or English includes..." If I haven't completed the program, can I send them a copy of my transcript?

2. "Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents..." Do I need to include all pages of passport or just the biographical page?

3. "Provide photocopies of all your official school records if applicable" What's the difference between this and transcript?

4. "Two (2) pieces of personal identification" Means one copy of two IDs? If I chose to use passport as one of them I will just include another copy of my passport? (item 2 already requires one)

5. Last question :) For the 0407 "How to calculate residence" Section 2, if I became a PR when I entered Canada (December, 2008), do I need to complete this section?

Thanks a million for answering :)

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monotonous said:
1. For the "Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in French or English includes..." If I haven't completed the program, can I send them a copy of my transcript?

2. "Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents..." Do I need to include all pages of passport or just the biographical page?

3. "Provide photocopies of all your official school records if applicable" What's the difference between this and transcript?

4. "Two (2) pieces of personal identification" Means one copy of two IDs? If I chose to use passport as one of them I will just include another copy of my passport? (item 2 already requires one)

5. Last question :) For the 0407 "How to calculate residence" Section 2, if I became a PR when I entered Canada (December, 2008), do I need to complete this section?

Hi

1. Transcript and admission should be fine as far as it's in English

2. They need your Main Passport Page photocopy not entire passport but I did submit the entire pages of my old and current passport it is better.

3. Transcript is good

4. Two pieces of ID can be PR card and Passport or Driver License.

5. I am not sure about it. I guess you should call CIC for this question.

Good Luck

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must include a Residence calculation - either the 'online' or the 'how to form' version!

monotonous

May 28, 2013
Aamir89 said:
Hi

1. Transcript and admission should be fine as far as it's in English

2. They need your Main Passport Page photocopy not entire passport but I did submit the entire pages of my old and current passport it is better.

3. Transcript is good

4. Two pieces of ID can be PR card and Passport or Driver License.

5. I am not sure about it. I guess you should call CIC for this question.

Good Luck
Thank you so much! Quick question, for question #2, you mean just the 1st page with my photo on it is good enough?

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monotonous said:
Thank you so much! Quick question, for question #2, you mean just the 1st page with my photo on it is good enough?
For Question 2 Yes the page which have your photograph and DOB and etc is good enough. But I would Strongly Strongly recommend to give the photocopies of entire passport (Each and every page) and if you have travel outside Canada provide as much as possible detail such as Boarding Pass and purpose of your trip on cover letter. It is not required but still I strongly recommend to do as I did it and my process was extremely fast.

Thanks

monotonous

May 28, 2013
Aamir89 said:
For Question 2 Yes the page which have your photograph and DOB and etc is good enough. But I would Strongly Strongly recommend to give the photocopies of entire passport (Each and every page) and if you have travel outside Canada provide as much as possible detail such as Boarding Pass and purpose of your trip on cover letter. It is not required but still I strongly recommend to do as I did it and my process was extremely fast.

Thanks
Yeah I would, but there are two stamps on my Passport are not in English, and I have to pay $50/each to get them translated, and I'm really poor, so if it's not necessary I hope I don't have to include.

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated :)

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monotonous said:
Yeah I would, but there are two stamps on my Passport are not in English, and I have to pay $50/each to get them translated, and I'm really poor, so if it's not necessary I hope I don't have to include.

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated :)
You can go to LINC they will do it for free I guess. Again I am not sure. Yes you can do it either way if you can't afford it you do not need to send it. It it always good to include all pages but not required.

Thanks

monotonous

May 28, 2013
Aamir89 said:
You can go to LINC they will do it for free I guess. Again I am not sure. Yes you can do it either way if you can't afford it you do not need to send it. It it always good to include all pages but not required.

Thanks
Woot that's a relief, thank you! Do you by any chance know where's the LINC office in Toronto? (I tried google map but can't find it)

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monotonous said:
Woot that's a relief, thank you! Do you by any chance know where's the LINC office in Toronto? (I tried google map but can't find it)
Hi Again,

Here is the link http://www.immigrationpeel.ca/language/linc.html or you can call them to make sure if it is free or not. When I applied for my Citizenship I did went to LINC and print everything from there (Color photocopies) so it was free for me. Have a look and call them... Give it a try

Thanks

monotonous

May 28, 2013
Aamir89 said:
Hi Again,

Here is the link http://www.immigrationpeel.ca/language/linc.html or you can call them to make sure if it is free or not. When I applied for my Citizenship I did went to LINC and print everything from there (Color photocopies) so it was free for me. Have a look and call them... Give it a try

Thanks
OK I will contact them. Thank you so much :)

surkentli21

Nov 17, 2013
monotonous said: