+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about accommodation.

Jan 18, 2018
Hello people!
I live in India and I leave for Canada in late Dec for my Jan program in Durham College that is in Oshawa. What I was wondering is how exactly should I plan my accommodation? I have a couple things on my mind about this:

1. can i wait and find a place after i'm there? will that be too big a risk?

2. if i choose a place from the online services and pay them from here only, what are the chances I'll be cheated on? (as in, fake pictures, fake amenities listed)

3. what is the most pocket friendly way of finding a place?

Again, city = Oshawa.

Any kind of input is appreciated. thank you in advance :)

komostati

May 7, 2017
I would rent a cheap Airbnb or hostel for the first couple of days. Meanwhile, I would check kijiji and make a list of potential places that fit my budget and go visit them once I arrive.

Reactions: ajaydubey541997

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello people!
I live in India and I leave for Canada in late Dec for my Jan program in Durham College that is in Oshawa. What I was wondering is how exactly should I plan my accommodation? I have a couple things on my mind about this:

1. can i wait and find a place after i'm there? will that be too big a risk?

2. if i choose a place from the online services and pay them from here only, what are the chances I'll be cheated on? (as in, fake pictures, fake amenities listed)

3. what is the most pocket friendly way of finding a place?

Again, city = Oshawa.

Any kind of input is appreciated. thank you in advance :)
DC assists students in finding accommodation off-campus. You have a free airport pickup and 1st night accomodation on-campus for free. I think its much better to get their assistance.

Will be going to DC (Oshawa) this January, too, if my SP gets approved. Hope to see you there on orientation day!

Reactions: ajaydubey541997
Jan 18, 2018
DC assists students in finding accommodation off-campus. You have a free airport pickup and 1st night accomodation on-campus for free. I think its much better to get their assistance.

Will be going to DC (Oshawa) this January, too, if my SP gets approved. Hope to see you there on orientation day!
Oh! i did not know this! how can i take part in this?