+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questionaire help !!

Joeyvinsce

Mar 25, 2018
Hey folks .
I have applied for a TRV online a few months ago . Submitted all required doc. Including my expired U.S visit visa . I have been granted for 9 year multiple entry visa . Just a few days ago i returned back home from Canada .

But now . I am going to apply for my mothers visa , I tried to fill in the questionnaire for eligibility and checklist but I have a doubt about a question. It says "Have you legally travelled to Canada/US? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time." What does this "family member you may be travelling with at this time" means? I will be accompanying my mother when she visits Canada, but Is this question asking only about her or about her family member like me(son). It's confusing, I have travelled to US and will travel to Canada shorty, would that make this question's answer as "Yes".

Well if its a "yes" . Then the application leads to different doccument requirments . Which it has been asked to submit travel history of u.s or canada

Is it possible that i could submit mine instead . Because the question refers to . I am the family member that recently traveled to u.s and canada .
Hopefully i could get a clear answer to this .
Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hey folks .
I have applied for a TRV online a few months ago . Submitted all required doc. Including my expired U.S visit visa . I have been granted for 9 year multiple entry visa . Just a few days ago i returned back home from Canada .

But now . I am going to apply for my mothers visa , I tried to fill in the questionnaire for eligibility and checklist but I have a doubt about a question. It says "Have you legally travelled to Canada/US? This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time." What does this "family member you may be travelling with at this time" means? I will be accompanying my mother when she visits Canada, but Is this question asking only about her or about her family member like me(son). It's confusing, I have travelled to US and will travel to Canada shorty, would that make this question's answer as "Yes".

Well if its a "yes" . Then the application leads to different doccument requirments . Which it has been asked to submit travel history of u.s or canada

Is it possible that i could submit mine instead . Because the question refers to . I am the family member that recently traveled to u.s and canada .
Hopefully i could get a clear answer to this .
Thank you
Are you from India, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, or China? I am guessing this question refers to the CAN+ program.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Is there anyone that i could ask ? Or a suggestion atleast
This is a forum of unprofessional volunteers, and it is the weekend. You will have to wait.

(But if you ask me, this question is of little consequence and it doesn't matter how you answer because all it does is determine eligibility for CAN+...I have never encountered this question because I am not from a CAN+ country.)

Joeyvinsce

Mar 25, 2018
This is a forum of unprofessional volunteers, and it is the weekend. You will have to wait.

(But if you ask me, this question is of little consequence and it doesn't matter how you answer because all it does is determine eligibility for CAN+...I have never encountered this question because I am not from a CAN+ country.)
Guess i will have to wait . Thank you very much

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You would answer 'No' to this question.

As per the IRCC definition of family members, your mom/your parents are not immediate family members. Only your spouse/dependent children would be.

As for CAN+: Even if your spouse or dependent children apply with you, they are NOT eligible for CAN+ processing.

CAN+ is only for applicants who have previously traveled to the US/Canada in the last 10 years and/or have a valid US visa

Reactions: bellaluna