+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question

love869051

Aug 22, 2018
India
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi, I’m back on this forum after 2-3 years because I had a question. I got my PR in 2019 and moved here (to Canada) in the same year. Best decision of my life. Thanks to this forum for helping me in those days.
So, here is the question, there is a guy who came to canada on study visa, then got work permit and then applied for PR. He got the ITA, file got processed and got rejected. Upon asking, he told me the reason reluctantly that the letter said, we cannot verify that you worked for this employer, so we are rejecting the application. I said that’s fine, it happens, file a reconsideration but he said he cannot do that as the work experience was fake. It was organized by an immigration agent. He got the paystubs from that place, never went to work there. I was completely shocked to hear this. He said what are my options now. I said I have no clue whatsoever. The thing which amazed me was the fact that how some immigration consultants are exploiting people and how easily people think they can cheat the system.
So, my question is the same as he asked me, what are his options?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I’m back on this forum after 2-3 years because I had a question. I got my PR in 2019 and moved here (to Canada) in the same year. Best decision of my life. Thanks to this forum for helping me in those days.
So, here is the question, there is a guy who came to canada on study visa, then got work permit and then applied for PR. He got the ITA, file got processed and got rejected. Upon asking, he told me the reason reluctantly that the letter said, we cannot verify that you worked for this employer, so we are rejecting the application. I said that’s fine, it happens, file a reconsideration but he said he cannot do that as the work experience was fake. It was organized by an immigration agent. He got the paystubs from that place, never went to work there. I was completely shocked to hear this. He said what are my options now. I said I have no clue whatsoever. The thing which amazed me was the fact that how some immigration consultants are exploiting people and how easily people think they can cheat the system.
It's impossible to say what is options are with so few details. We would need to know his full profile.

The short answer to the question is that he needs to qualify and apply to immigrate without using any fake work experience. He got lucky this time and wasn't given a 5 year misrepresentation ban. He may not be so lucky next time if he tries something ike this again.

He knew the work experience was fake and that what he was doing was fradulent and wrong. He make the choice to do that. No one forced him into it. He's responsible for the choices he makes.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
It's impossible to say what is options are with so few details. We would need to know his full profile.

The short answer to the question is that he needs to qualify and apply to immigrate without using any fake work experience. He got lucky this time and wasn't given a 5 year misrepresentation ban. He may not be so lucky next time if he tries something ike this again.

He knew the work experience was fake and that what he was doing was fradulent and wrong. He make the choice to do that. No one forced him into it. He's responsible for the choices he makes.
i dont think he got lucky this time. if even now he removes his work ex, ircc can still slap misrep due to change in last app, isn't it so?
man you wont believe what these consultants are upto. From fake work experience , fake degree to even fake language tests, I have seen it all.
Most probably he got slapped with misrep, and his chances of a PR are most certainly zero. I know people say the ban is just 5 yrs, however, I am sure it would be next to impossible to get another canadian visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i dont think he got lucky this time. if even now he removes his work ex, ircc can still slap misrep due to change in last app, isn't it so?
No, they won't slap him with misrepresentation for removing this work experience in the future.

However since flags were raised with his first application, IRCC may examine any new application quite closely and all information in that application must be 100% accurate or he can expect much more than just a simple refusal.

Reactions: singhno

love869051

Aug 22, 2018
India
Visa Office......
Ottawa
No, they won't slap him with misrepresentation for removing this work experience in the future.

However since flags were raised with his first application, IRCC may examine any new application quite closely and all information in that application must be 100% accurate or he can expect much more than just a simple refusal.
thanks for the info. So, he needs to get actual work experience relevant to his profile and then start afresh with a new express entry profile.

Problem is his work visa expires next year and no new draws in sight, I guess he has very limited options now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks for the info. So, he needs to get actual work experience relevant to his profile and then start afresh with a new express entry profile.

Problem is his work visa expires next year and no new draws in sight, I guess he has very limited options now.
He needs real work experience. Obviously he can't fake his work experience.

Up to him to figure this out.

If he runs out of time on his work permit then I guess some people would say that's karma.

Reactions: love869051