+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question:

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
hey Guys,

Hope you all are doing well and staying safe!

I have a query, hoping someone maybe able to help me advice on the best practices.

So i got my WP issued last year in October, 2019. I could not travel to Canada for personal Reasons and than earlier this year, covid happened. With things under control now, i do want to travel to Canada however, my visa is expiring on Sept 30 and my wife is 5 month's pregnant. We do have our PR application's already in process, however, we expect delays due to this covid. However, my lawyer suggest to travel and get the work permit extended once in Canada. (I Do know that i will have to bear the cost of delivery from my own pocket since my visa status needs to be valid for atleast SIX months)

Do you think there would be any issue at the Port of entry if we travel? -

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Does your wife have any status in Canada?

What kind of work permit do you have?

What stream or program are you applying for PR through?

You could be allowed to enter, but it would be better if you had a job to return to.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Does your wife have any status in Canada? - She holds a OPWP.

What kind of work permit do you have? - Closed WP under Startup visa. I have my company registered in Canada and PR is in process. However, WP for me and Wife is about to expire in TWO and a Half month's time.

What stream or program are you applying for PR through? - Startup visa already applied.

You could be allowed to enter, but it would be better if you had a job to return to. - My business is expanding, which is why i need to travel and setup everything. The covid sort of has helped us secure some contracts and we need a presence in North America.

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
A business would probably also be fine in your case, especially if you have physical premises in Canada.

Well i do have a registered company and will have to setup the physical premises in Canada once i land. Can pregnancy be an issue in letting us enter?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
The airline's policies don't matter; everyone entering Canada has to quarantine for 14 days, and they need to be satisfied that your plan is realistic before they'll let you enter.