+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Hello! I am preparing the documents for sponsorship who is currently in canada and we got.married in canada. There is a question "what country does the person being sponsored reside in" he is here as a visitor and i want him to stay as we will be waiting for the sponsorship. In this case should i put canada aas a country or he is considered to reside the country where he lived before he came as a visitor here? Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello! I am preparing the documents for sponsorship who is currently in canada and we got.married in canada. There is a question "what country does the person being sponsored reside in" he is here as a visitor and i want him to stay as we will be waiting for the sponsorship. In this case should i put canada aas a country or he is considered to reside the country where he lived before he came as a visitor here? Thank you!
1. Not Canada, he is a visitor to Canada, where he normally resides outside Canada.

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Hi

1. Not Canada, he is a visitor to Canada, where he normally resides outside Canada.

So if i put that he resides in back hobe but it will still be a sponsorship with in. Canada not outside correct? My idea is for him to be able to stay here with me while the documents are processing and to also apply for a work permit as well

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
So if i put that he resides in back hobe but it will still be a sponsorship with in. Canada not outside correct? My idea is for him to be able to stay here with me while the documents are processing and to also apply for a work permit as well
Yes, you put his country of residence. He is a visitor in Canada, not a resident.

If you apply inland than he can stay for the length of his current visitor visa and prior to its expiry he applies for an extension. Once the inland application is lodged he can apply for a work permit.