+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question

amirdastyar

Sep 11, 2018
Dear Settlement.org Officer,

Could you please clarify me if i may be eligible to study part-time in Canada. Here is my situation, I am holding work permit which expires in Jan Next year but i am interested in the certificate courses (40-50 hours) offered by private career colleges in Canada. This will help me or to prepare for exam in order to get certified from a professional board/association.

All I need to do is pay the course fee and attend classes or online for 40-50 hours spread across 4-6 weeks.

On my work permit, however, it states "Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course".

With this situation, can I still take the certificate program since the course is less than 6 months. Any help with this query is much appreciated.

Thank you very much

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Dear Settlement.org Officer,

Could you please clarify me if i may be eligible to study part-time in Canada. Here is my situation, I am holding work permit which expires in Jan Next year but i am interested in the certificate courses (40-50 hours) offered by private career colleges in Canada. This will help me or to prepare for exam in order to get certified from a professional board/association.

All I need to do is pay the course fee and attend classes or online for 40-50 hours spread across 4-6 weeks.

On my work permit, however, it states "Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course".

With this situation, can I still take the certificate program since the course is less than 6 months. Any help with this query is much appreciated.

Thank you very much
Please check following

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/eligibility.html?_ga=2.84849434.2032465221.1536696332-531721624.1524866348

People who don’t need a permit to study in Canada
Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada. The cases below are exceptions.

Short-term studies (six months or less)
You can study at any school in Canada without a study permit if:

• your course or program is for six months or less
  • your studies aren’t part of a longer program and
  • you will complete all your studies within the time we approved you to stay in Canada (usually six months after you enter).
Hope that will help

Thanks