+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question?

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the question i have regarding post ITA process. what is the exact requirement pertaining to FBI? Does eeveryone needs to get this done irrespective of the country one resides in? Is this a requirement beside the regular PCC?

I am still waiting for ITA but is it a good idea to initiate the process of getting this done? If yes, that what is the process for it? Is this required for both applicant and co applicant?

Any suggestion would be appreciated!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PCCs are only required for countries where you have lived/worked for 6 months or more.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for a quick reply.... What about FBI? Is it advisable to get this done well in advance...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hemi427 said:
thanks for a quick reply.... What about FBI? Is it advisable to get this done well in advance...
The FBI certificate is a PCC.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok....hope i am not looking silly for asking these questions...lol

So if i am residing in india, all i need is a police clearance.. Which is synonym to fbi clearance?

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asivad, as you are in process of getting a ppr...do you have any advise for aspiring candidates such as myself on the grounds that beside collecting the obvious documents, what can one start working upon prior receiving an ITA? Is their something which takes awfully long time and can be done well before hand? Reason i am asking this is due to the fact that things run terribly slow in my part of the world and to get a document from government agencies in a nick of time is real pain....

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hemi427 said:
asivad, as you are in process of getting a ppr...do you have any advise for aspiring candidates such as myself on the grounds that beside collecting the obvious documents, what can one start working upon prior receiving an ITA? Is their something which takes awfully long time and can be done well before hand? Reason i am asking this is due to the fact that things run terribly slow in my part of the world and to get a document from government agencies in a nick of time is real pain....
tor pro
FBI clearance is only needed if you lived in the US more than 6 months.

If you have only lived in India you will only need an Indian Police Certificate. If you lived in any other countries for a period of 6 months or more; you will need a police certificate from those countries.

Make sure you get all non-English or French documents translated into English or French by a Sworn Translator, make sure the translator provides his/her affidavit.

Have you gotten an ECA for your degrees? Because this also is a lengthy process.

Are you trying to claim points due to having relatives living in Canada? You will need to get documents such as birth certificates or family registers in order to prove your relationship to them and this also sometimes takes some time.