+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Visitor VIsa ??

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Question ??
i applied on March 30th on paper, when i applied they took my passport,
complete silence only got the tracking number.. till today and i got an email from VAC that they sent back the passport,
the process days for this visa office is 17 days.. what does this mean??
i got no email from the embassy or nothing.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Question ??
i applied on March 30th on paper, when i applied they took my passport,
complete silence only got the tracking number.. till today and i got an email from VAC that they sent back the passport,
the process days for this visa office is 17 days.. what does this mean??
i got no email from the embassy or nothing.
Maybe you should try linking your paper application to your online account.

After linking, you would want to see what the 'Background check' status says. Maybe that's causing the delay

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Maybe you should try linking your paper application to your online account.

After linking, you would want to see what the 'Background check' status says. Maybe that's causing the delay
Couldn’t link my
App tried over and over ,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Couldn’t link my
App tried over and over ,
You must fill all fields exactly as per your application form, do not leave any blank spaces, no difference in spellings, etc.

Alternatively, you can send a Case Specific Enquiry/IRCC webform + an email to your local visa office to request for an expedited decision. They will inform you if your application is at the background checks stage

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018
T
You must fill all fields exactly as per your application form, do not leave any blank spaces, no difference in spellings, etc.

Alternatively, you can send a Case Specific Enquiry/IRCC webform + an email to your local visa office to request for an expedited decision. They will inform you if your application is at the background checks stage
Trust me I did.. everything over and over again, it be because it’s overseas and the office...

I sent in the passport with my application 3 weeks ago, complete silence about the application , only thing I got was a tracking number from VAC office.

Today I got an email from VAC that they received the passport back from the embassy. Process is done, I just don’t get why the embassy won’t send an email pro tell you if they rejected or accepted

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Today I got an email from VAC that they received the passport back from the embassy. Process is done, I just don’t get why the embassy won’t send an email pro tell you if they rejected or accepted
You would have known the decision if you had been able to link your application. IRCC does not send emails for approval/refusals for paper submissions. Anyways

Do collect your passport from VAC. Hopefully, you have been issued the TRV

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
@Bryanna Would linking up the paper application with the online CIC website do any impact ( may be a silly question but still..)?
I have submitted the application via an agent , who gets all the notification, if i link it online, would he be not getting notifications?

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
@Bryanna Would linking up the paper application with the online CIC website do any impact ( may be a silly question but still..)?
I have submitted the application via an agent , who gets all the notification, if i link it online, would he be not getting notifications?
No impact. But I guess your agent might have already linked your application to his account and you can't link same application to multiple accounts.