+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question to LEON

gloriarod

Jan 20, 2014
I want to apply for the residency but I need some help in finding more ideas to make this work:
1) My first option was to apply under the CEC where I had a total of 1167 hours but I got laid off and I had not been able to find another Job with A, B or O skill level. I do have also other hours that can be applied tho the total of hours required but they do not qualify since they were done while I was studying. ( Part-time work you may have performed during your studies does not qualify either.)

My second option is to apply under the PNP. I am working now full time in an art retail store. Where sell art supplies. My job is 6421 Retail sales persons, which is major group 64, skill level C. I understand that my boss just needs to write a letter where he can demonstrate that there is a structured plan in place for my career progression to an occupation classified as Skill Level 0, A or B. However, there is a rule that states the following: if the entry level of the job is semi-skilled category I have the be working there for at least nine consecutive months before applying to PNP. I just have one month on this job and my work permit expires in January 2015.

Also, I am not sure if I am performing a semi-skilled job... we as employees have to know to have some skills and knowledge in art in order to be able to advice customers and know in further detail about the products we sell.

I want to also share that I have a M.A. in Art Education from UBC.
Do you have any ideas of how I can apply as a resident? Please and thank you!