-
Passport Req..
Oct 21st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Nov 6th 2015
LANDED..........
Planned landing Dec 15th 2015
I got a passport request!

I'm happy to finally see this e-mail in my inbox, but to be honest I'm still scared and confused, so maybe you can help.

1) In the email they ask me to send photographs and a photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of your passport, as well as accompanying family members.
When we applied in December it was only for me, but then in March my son was born. We have tried to conact CIC to add him to the application several times, and have set in the correct forms, but haven't heard anything yet. Should I still send in his information aswell? I fell like we have informed them about his birth, but have to real proof since they haven't replied. (we have payed the feeds in advance)

2) In the e-mail they write "Your permanent resident visa will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. If your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date, the visa will expire on the earlier date.". My medical date is September 4th 2014, and this e-mail was sent to me September 4th 2015, exactly one year after my medical. Should I just assume that somehow got an extension like I heard about? Or what else can I do?

3) We are asked to send to documents to London, but we where processed in Ottawa, does that sound right?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
blacknirvana said:
I got a passport request!

I'm happy to finally see this e-mail in my inbox, but to be honest I'm still scared and confused, so maybe you can help.

1) In the email they ask me to send photographs and a photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of your passport, as well as accompanying family members.
When we applied in December it was only for me, but then in March my son was born. We have tried to conact CIC to add him to the application several times, and have set in the correct forms, but haven't heard anything yet. Should I still send in his information aswell? I fell like we have informed them about his birth, but have to real proof since they haven't replied. (we have payed the feeds in advance)

2) In the e-mail they write "Your permanent resident visa will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations. If your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date, the visa will expire on the earlier date.". My medical date is September 4th 2014, and this e-mail was sent to me September 4th 2015, exactly one year after my medical. Should I just assume that somehow got an extension like I heard about? Or what else can I do?

3) We are asked to send to documents to London, but we where processed in Ottawa, does that sound right?
1. Your son does not need, nor have a passport as he is only 6 months old and can travel on his parent(s) passport. Just send the requested docs for you.

2. Yes your medical has been or will be extended. When you get the COPR it will have an expiry date on it. Be sure to land before then.

3. See here. London is the visa office which would normally handle your application, that is why they ask you to send the documents there.

blacknirvana

Star Member
Jul 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (COPR office London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 16th 2014
Doc's Request.
July 9th 2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
March 5th 2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
March 15th 2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Sep 9th 2014 (up-front)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
Oct 21st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Nov 6th 2015
LANDED..........
Planned landing Dec 15th 2015
Thanks for the answer Andrew-brit

1. Your son does not need, nor have a passport as he is only 6 months old and can travel on his parent(s) passport. Just send the requested docs for you.
I'm pretty sure they actually do unless they are Canadian citizens.

Our problem that my son in not a Canadian citizen, my wife is Canadian by decent and because he was born outside Canada she cannot pass citizenship on to him. Because of this we have applied for PR for him. This application have been recived by CIC several months ago, and that is why I was going to send his information as well.

Any thoughts on this approach?