+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question related to passport application (section K, section L, section I)

turtlesk123

Jan 26, 2020
I took my Oath this Friday and will be applying for Canadian Passport on Wednesday. While filling out the passport application, I have three questions:

1. I am confused about "Previous Canadian Travel Document (section K)". Canadian travel documents listed in the application are "passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document". I did have study permit, work permit, COPR and PR card. My PR card was retained during the oath ceremony but do any of these qualify as being my "previous Canadian Travel Document" or do I just fill out check in "No"?

2. Can my OHIP card(has my photo and signature) or my Indian passport(which is not expired yet) serve as "Documents to support Identity (section L)"?

3. With regards to "Personal Information (section I)", my mother never changed her surname after marriage. Does this mean she does not have a maiden name? In that case, I will just cross out the expression on the form and write “Parent’s surname at birth”; fill in the field with the surname (last name) at birth of one parent; and write your initials in the margin, correct?

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
I took my Oath this Friday and will be applying for Canadian Passport on Wednesday. While filling out the passport application, I have three questions:

1. I am confused about "Previous Canadian Travel Document (section K)". Canadian travel documents listed in the application are "passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document". I did have study permit, work permit, COPR and PR card. My PR card was retained during the oath ceremony but do any of these qualify as being my "previous Canadian Travel Document" or do I just fill out check in "No"?

2. Can my OHIP card(has my photo and signature) or my Indian passport(which is not expired yet) serve as "Documents to support Identity (section L)"?

3. With regards to "Personal Information (section I)", my mother never changed her surname after marriage. Does this mean she does not have a maiden name? In that case, I will just cross out the expression on the form and write “Parent’s surname at birth”; fill in the field with the surname (last name) at birth of one parent; and write your initials in the margin, correct?
1. Not applicable to you. So leave it as “No”
2. Yes. Driver’s Licence works as well. You only need 1 doc to prove identity
3. Just put whatever her last name was at the time of her birth