+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding work history after ITA

Skay

Apr 5, 2016
Hi,

Do we need to provide work history of all previous work experience even if it is not related to primary NOC code?

For my work history I have
Current (Job A) - 3years - primary NOC
job B (1 year) - secondary NOC
job c (5 months) - secondary NOC
job d (5 months ) - secondary NOC

1) How much does the correctness of secondary NOC's matter? I'll obviously try to find the correct one, but the job duration is too less to get proper details
2) Do I need work experience letter from all jobs or will just a work experience from the job with Primary NOC be enough?

Thanks in advance!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - If you're only getting points with your primary NOC then I would take the other work experience out. Once you receive your ITA you can put them in the "personal history" section. Otherwise you will be required to provide reference letters for all of them.

2 - The NOC's matter, they want to see that the duties and responsibilities stated in your ref. letter match the NOC code that you've chosen.

Cheers ;)

Skay

Apr 5, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
1 - If you're only getting points with your primary NOC then I would take the other work experience out. Once you receive your ITA you can put them in the "personal history" section. Otherwise you will be required to provide reference letters for all of them.

2 - The NOC's matter, they want to see that the duties and responsibilities stated in your ref. letter match the NOC code that you've chosen.

Cheers ;)
I already got the ITA. before getting the ITA, i mentioned Job A & B ( and skipped c& d). (A) being the primary here.

I did mention all of them in personal history in the post ITA form.

1) Would mentioning a job in personal history and skipping in work history have any negative impact?
2) For job B which is not primary, I can get the reference letter easily but it would be difficult to get it in a format which mentions job responsibilities. Will that cause any issues considering this is a secondary NOC? For Job A(primary) I have the proper reference letter with Job responsibilities matching the NOC code.

Thanks for your help :)

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Removing job B from work experience could reduce your score and even result in PR rejection if you not longer meet the requirements or after the point lost your CRS is lower than the cut-off

If you have a high score and it doesn't affect your eligibility you can remove job B

However if you can get a not too bad reference letter then you can keep it.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skay said:
I already got the ITA. before getting the ITA, i mentioned Job A & B ( and skipped c& d). (A) being the primary here.

I did mention all of them in personal history in the post ITA form.

1) Would mentioning a job in personal history and skipping in work history have any negative impact?
2) For job B which is not primary, I can get the reference letter easily but it would be difficult to get it in a format which mentions job responsibilities. Will that cause any issues considering this is a secondary NOC? For Job A(primary) I have the proper reference letter with Job responsibilities matching the NOC code.

Thanks for your help :)
1 - Yes but only if you received points for that job. (i.e- if your CRS falls below the cutoff score)
2 - It could be an issue as they check if your NOC code matches your duties and responsibilities, these are the most important part of the reference letter. You can try getting another ref. letter from a manager or colleague or providing pay stubs and a LOE regarding the fact that your former employer won't issue a ref. letter as requested by CIC. (i.e - provide as much information as possible)

Cheers ;)

Skay

Apr 5, 2016
The only points I am getting are based off Job A.

based on your responses, I think I can safely remove job B. To keep it safe, since I had mentioned job B before, I'll keep it in work history and provide a simple reference letter. Since I get no points from Job B anyway, the format of the reference letter should not matter.

For Job A I have everything in proper order.

For Job C& D, each are few months and I only mentioned them in personal history and not work history. I get no points for them anyway.

Looks like CIC doesn't care about mentioning all jobs in work history and I should be OK as long as the jobs I do mention there get me the points.

Let me know if my understand is correct here.

Thanks for the replies guys.

polestar123

Sep 4, 2018
hi... what order we should follow while mentioning work history???? i mean from lastest2018 to 2014 or from 2014 to 2018??