Question Regarding Work Experience

himohan_u

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hyderabad - India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,

Please help me with the question I have. I finished my graduation in 2005. I have a total of 10 Years of experience from 2005 to till date. My CRS score is 429. I have received a PT from OONP last week. In my EE profile, I have mentioned both the companies in my work history.

But the first employer I worked with from 2005 to 2007, did not provide me with any kind of documentation on Roles and responsibilities. I do not have any pay slips. I just have the experience letter.

I have all the required documentations for the current company I am working with. I have a total experience of 8 years in the current company. So should I mention only the current company in my work history by editing my EE profile or should I also get documents for the previous company ?

OONP PT documentation states this,

Code:
If you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria in your application to the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, OOPNP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Applicants assessed against FSWP criteria can demonstrate work experience obtained in Canada or overseas. The one year minimum of continuous and full-time (or equivalent continuous part-time) employment must have been completed in one specific NOC occupation.
If I do not mention my previous employer reference, would there be any question on why there was a delay after the graduation ? please advise.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
himohan_u said:
Dear Seniors,

Please help me with the question I have. I finished my graduation in 2005. I have a total of 10 Years of experience from 2005 to till date. My CRS score is 429. I have received a PT from OONP last week. In my EE profile, I have mentioned both the companies in my work history.

But the first employer I worked with from 2005 to 2007, did not provide me with any kind of documentation on Roles and responsibilities. I do not have any pay slips. I just have the experience letter.

I have all the required documentations for the current company I am working with. I have a total experience of 8 years in the current company. So should I mention only the current company in my work history by editing my EE profile or should I also get documents for the previous company ?

OONP PT documentation states this,

Code:
If you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria in your application to the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, OOPNP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Applicants assessed against FSWP criteria can demonstrate work experience obtained in Canada or overseas. The one year minimum of continuous and full-time (or equivalent continuous part-time) employment must have been completed in one specific NOC occupation.
If I do not mention my previous employer reference, would there be any question on why there was a delay after the graduation ? please advise.
Do not leave out the information corresponding to your first employer. Your eligibility for the program and your CRS score have nothing to do with that employer. And lack of documents isn't the end of the World.

Try your best to get whatever documents you can from that employer or from old records, if possible. Just put in an honest effort.

After doing that, all you need to do is frame a letter of explanation that clears the air on this issue by highlighting these efforts while simultaneously explaining that this work experience was a long time ago and has not material impact on your application and that they may kindly consider your application favorably nonetheless.

All the best!

lllw

Sep 3, 2015
sry for bring this up again and it might have been talked a lot of times on the forum. But I really need help urgently.... I got invitation on july 10th but my continuous work experience was one year only on July 14th, so there are four days gap..... I was invited under FSW and I submitted my application on July 21st and its in process now..... I didn't include LOE to explain for the 4 days' gap...... my question is will I be rejected for the 4 days' gap :'( what can I do now???

more information:
- I worked from Jan to April under a different NOC in the same year so the cumulative experience is over one year the time I applied
- my score is over the July 17th draw one week after.....

I just knew under FSW has to be one year's continuous in the past 10 years, before I thought it doesn't have to be continuous so that why I applied.....

Thank you so much for your help, feel so anxious and sad now... :'(

lllw

Sep 3, 2015
Asivad. could u please help i was eligible for both cec and fsw and somehow was chosen under fsw. does the one yr exp hv to be fulfilled the time i accepted the ita or the time i recvd ita. the time i recvd ita its already one yr.....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't do anything now to highlight this anymore. Let CIC figure it out on their own and ask you for clarifications, if needed. Hopefully, it will be too minor a detail to cause any trouble.

All the best!