+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding Visitor Status Restoration

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I need some help regarding the visitor status restoration procedure and I hope seniors here can answer my question.

So my wife is finishing her studies soon and her original study permit expires on the end of September. She's thinking about taking another 4 month course (different school), but then she would be required to apply for a study permit extension which has a risk of getting rejected. Not to mention the processing time for study permit extension now is pretty much atrocious.

Lets say for some reason her application is rejected, can she then apply for restoration of visitor status (her original study permit will probably be expired by then)? It is important for her to be in Canada for my graduation ceremony in late November.

Should she apply for her study permit extension? OR should she just apply for visitor status restoration while her study permit is still valid?

Please help and your insight is much appreciated.

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
kkloveit said:
Hi guys, I need some help regarding the visitor status restoration procedure and I hope seniors here can answer my question.

So my wife is finishing her studies soon and her original study permit expires on the end of September. She's thinking about taking another 4 month course (different school), but then she would be required to apply for a study permit extension which has a risk of getting rejected. Not to mention the processing time for study permit extension now is pretty much atrocious.

Lets say for some reason her application is rejected, can she then apply for restoration of visitor status (her original study permit will probably be expired by then)? It is important for her to be in Canada for my graduation ceremony in late November.

Should she apply for her study permit extension? OR should she just apply for visitor status restoration while her study permit is still valid?

Please help and your insight is much appreciated.
@kkloveit,

Going through ur post, shall I be permitted to submit as under:

OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
-----------------------

<Apply for study visa extension prior to expiry of existing STUDENT PERMIT .
<Apply for TRV ND thereby ensure her legal stay in Canada till u finish ur Graduate studies.

SUGGESTIONS.
-----------------
< If u go by first option nd in the event of its refusal u will have no choice but to look for change in her status within a specified period.Moreover , u have to weigh the possibility of its success. It depends on the course she has selected. She will have to prove that the course is an extension to what she has studied up till now nd purpose thereof. A strong SOP may be key to substantiate her claim .

< Application for TRV before her study permit expires seems to be a better choice.Approval of TRV , though shall supersede her Student Permit, yet may provide a cushion for her extended stay in Canada. By the time u finish ur Graduation, u have option to go for OWP. This may again help u explore possibility for her, as well .

Other forum members are also requested to post their opinions,please.

Hope, this may help u .

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!!!

parhar51

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parhar51 said:
@ kkloveit,

Going through ur post, shall I be permitted to submit as under:

OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
-----------------------

<Apply for study visa extension prior to expiry of existing STUDENT PERMIT .
<Apply for TRV ND thereby ensure her legal stay in Canada till u finish ur Graduate studies.

SUGGESTIONS.
-----------------
< If u go by first option nd in the event of its refusal u will have no choice but to look for change in her status within a specified period.Moreover , u have to weigh the possibility of its success. It depends on the course she has selected. She will have to prove that the course is an extension to what she has studied up till now nd purpose thereof. A strong SOP may be key to substantiate her claim .

< Application for TRV before her study permit expires seems to be a better choice.Approval of TRV , though shall supersede her Student Permit, yet may provide a cushion for her extended stay in Canada. By the time u finish ur Graduation, u have option to go for OWP. This may again help u explore possibility for her, as well .

Other forum members are also requested to post their opinions,please.

Hope, this may help u .

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!!!

parhar51
Thanks for the information parhar51. Another question somewhat unrelated question, if she request from study to visitor status does her study permit becomes invalid immediately or after she gets her visitor status approved?

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
kkloveit said:
Thanks for the information parhar51. Another question somewhat unrelated question, if she request from study to visitor status does her study permit becomes invalid immediately or after she gets her visitor status approved?
@KKLOVEIT,

U are welcome,please.

Yes,the approval of ur wife's TRV shall supersede validity of her Study permit. She cannot hold onto two temporary visas.The day her TRV GETS IN FORCE, study permit shall become invalid.

Hope, this may help u.

Good luck nd May God bless all !!!!

parhar51

kkloveit

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have another question but I can't find the answers after a thorough search through the internet. I hope someone who has extensive knowledge in this situation could shine some light.

I'm currently on implied status. I applied for a study permit extension in May and until this day there is still no updates/news regarding my application. My wife would want to apply for a change of status way ahead of time after seeing the status change from student to visitor can take up to 110 days. Here comes the sticky situation. In my wife's application, it requires the proof of status of her spouse (me). However my study permit has already expired in June and I'm now on implied status. Are we able to proceed with my expired study permit? Will it be an outright refusal?

Seniors please advise. Thanks.