JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Plans are to get my documents in order to travel to Colombia and marry my fiance. The intent afterwards is to apply for spousal PRV.

Is it suspect that she applies almost immediately after our marriage or should we wait?

I'll have supporting evidence of our relationship prior to the marriage going back to August of 2017 and we'll likely only get to applying by August of 2018 if my sponsorship gets approved.

This is after us applying for her to get a TRV and it was rejected almost immediately. The next best option is for marriage and the PRV which is best when all is said and done, if it gets approved after an agonizing year or more of waiting.

Can I ask the experts the biggest red flags that leads to refusal of a PRV other than lack of sufficient proof of relationship and the prerequisites they already make public like criminal record or ill health?

Thanks!

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Hi, how are you? Let me ask you a question and let's go from there. When did you meet, how, and for how long have you been together?

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hi, how are you? Let me ask you a question and let's go from there. When did you meet, how, and for how long have you been together?
Hi,

We met online (Instagram) May/June 2017, talked back and forth for a while before we became 'serious' so August 2017 to now as a couple. We've visited each other twice already, likely 3rd or 4th time by the time we apply. At least a 3rd time to marry.

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Hi,

We met online (Instagram) May/June 2017, talked back and forth for a while before we became 'serious' so August 2017 to now as a couple. We've visited each other twice already, likely 3rd or 4th time by the time we apply. At least a 3rd time to marry.
What you have to understand is that there are lot of things that the visa officers take into consideration before approving or denying an application. Your goal must be to be approved not to just send the application. Have you met each other's parents? What type of evidence do you have?

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
What you have to understand is that there are lot of things that the visa officers take into consideration before approving or denying an application. Your goal must be to be approved not to just send the application. Have you met each other's parents? What type of evidence do you have?
The parents will be met on my next trip there whether it's to get married or just have another visit. We have tons of photos together from our times together, the hundreds of hours of video chat calls and transcripts of hundreds of pages of interaction. There's only so much you can really offer up when so far away from each other.

Sounds trite but how do you prove your love for each other to the government's satisfaction :)

ama25

May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
The parents will be met on my next trip there whether it's to get married or just have another visit. We have tons of photos together from our times together, the hundreds of hours of video chat calls and transcripts of hundreds of pages of interaction. There's only so much you can really offer up when so far away from each other.

Sounds trite but how do you prove your love for each other to the government's satisfaction :)

I know what you're saying and I agree with you 100%, but it's up to you 2 to prove that you're not only getting married so she can gain status in Canada and if the officer gets that impression then he's either gonna refuse the application or the 2 of you will be the subject of an interview. Now, what you must do is to prepare a good case and a send a strong application. I'm Hispanic myself and since your wife is Colombia and I kind identity with her situation I can help you throughout the process with any questions, and advice.. In my case we applied inland, my wife is Canadian and I'm
From Latin America as well, and I'm only waiting for the landing appointment.. If you want write me in private and you can give me your number and you have What's App we can communicate through there.

Reactions: JohnnyToronto

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
I know what you're saying and I agree with you 100%, but it's up to you 2 to prove that you're not only getting married so she can gain status in Canada and if the officer gets that impression then he's either gonna refuse the application or the 2 of you will be the subject of an interview. Now, what you must do is to prepare a good case and a send a strong application. I'm Hispanic myself and since your wife is Colombia and I kind identity with her situation I can help you throughout the process with any questions, and advice.. In my case we applied inland, my wife is Canadian and I'm
From Latin America as well, and I'm only waiting for the landing appointment.. If you want write me in private and you can give me your number and you have What's App we can communicate through there.
Thanks so much!

Yes, I get the onus is to prove a valid and loving relationship. No issues with that and we'll do what's necessary to make that happen. She has no ties here pulling her here. She has family in Colombia and is university educated and willing to contribute to society and the workforce once approved and landed.

I'll touch base to get a more personal take on the process. Thanks so much!!!