+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding sponsorship application in process

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen living outside Canada with my spouse. I had sponsored my husband last year.

I got an email indicating that CIC has received my application and have started processing from Dec 2, 2015. Within 20 days, my spouse received an email that they have started processing his application too. Next month, they asked to pay fees, police clearance certificate or any other documents which were required to be couriered. We did everything.

But now we are awaiting their reply. I did not receive any email indicating my sponsorship approval. When I check online it says In Process.

When will I get my sponsorship approval letter/email? I am worried as its almost 4 months now.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my COPR 4 months after I paid RPRF.
not sure which VO you have, but the processing time would be different from yours.

VO would email you that they have finished process your file and mail you COPR (delivered by DHL).

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
what visa office is your application at?

also in ECAS, remember that the sponsor can see information about both applications, so are you sure the in process is for the sponsor, not the applicant? i would recommend having your husband sign in to see what the applicant's info says too.

are you sure you submitted the appropriate paperwork for outland sponsorship AND sent it to the right place? sometimes, applications are sent to the wrong place and are processed as inland, not outland.

if you submitted your outland application in dec, and haven't had sponsor approval yet, i'd suggest calling the CIC call center to see if they have any insight as to the delay. it could be they emailed you the approval, and either a)it wasn't delivered properly or b)it got lost in your spam mail. so the application could very well be at the visa office for processing, and you just didn't get notified correctly.

again, most of the information depends on the visa office, so it's important to note which office your application is suppose to be at.

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I had submitted my application at the Missisuage, Ontario office for obtaining PR for my husband (PR for Alberta). Since it was an outland application, my husband's application is being processed at Delhi, India office and mine I believe is at Alberta.

Both me and my husband have signed into ECAS which shows "In Progress" for both of us.

The emails sent to me and my husband were received in my mailbox after which we sent the required documents to the VO in India.
As suggested, I have verified my Spam Box as well ...but it does not have any mails from CIC.

As a sponsor, will I be getting a mail on my sponsorship getting approved ?
Or Since my husband's application is already being processed it implies I am approved as a sponsor ?

Thanks once again for your time. Appreciate all your help.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
If you are sponsoring your husband, your eligibility will be assessed at CPC-Mississauga. After they are done, the application will be forwarded to the appropriate visa office. Most times they do not update your sponsorship application on ECAS until it is all over.

If the file has been transferred and you have not received a sponsorship approval letter from CPC call CIC. Most probably there was an error sending it to your email.

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks Nyhiraba for your advise.

I have called up CIC and discussed the situation with the agent.

He has taken up my request which he said will be sent to the respective office. However he did not tell me the current status whether I am approved as a sponsor or not .. :(

Fingers crossed...will await his reply...!!