+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding soft landing

joggerboy

Nov 22, 2017
I have got my PPR yesterday. My medical was on June 1st and so I will have to land in Canada before June 1st.

I have a question. I am planning to do a soft landing for now for about 15 days and have my pr card delivered to my friends address in Canada.

What if I land on May 25th. Then do I have to exit the country before June 1st.

Even if I don't do the soft landing and decide to go permanently, say I land on may 25th. I will still have no visa come June 1st right?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
once you are landed, you became PR. You can exit the country right after that (though its not 100% ideal)
PR card should come in 6-8 weeks at address. For your next landing, you need to have PR card in hand. Your friend should be able to send that to you.
I did my soft landing and returned. Awaiting PR card.

rkuma145

Mar 22, 2017
once you are landed, you became PR. You can exit the country right after that (though its not 100% ideal)
PR card should come in 6-8 weeks at address. For your next landing, you need to have PR card in hand. Your friend should be able to send that to you.
I did my soft landing and returned. Awaiting PR card.
Hi Did you mention to the officer that you will be back to your home country or they didn't ask the question,please let me know,also how did you show your POFat POE?Thanks in advance

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Did you mention to the officer that you will be back to your home country or they didn't ask the question,please let me know,also how did you show your POFat POE?Thanks in advance
Did anyone reply ?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
They wont ask that. They say, that we are liable to stay in country for 2 years in 5 years based in PR rules. You can stay 2 years at any time during 5 years. No where i mentioned that am travelling back because its my wish. They are not bothered about that.

i had few dollors in my hand, may be 1000 CAD. Remaining i had UK and Indian bank statements taken a week back of travel. We can mention, we will transfer amount as soon as account started.

But for me, nobody asked POF at airport.

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They wont ask that. They say, that we are liable to stay in country for 2 years in 5 years based in PR rules. You can stay 2 years at any time during 5 years. No where i mentioned that am travelling back because its my wish. They are not bothered about that.

i had few dollors in my hand, may be 1000 CAD. Remaining i had UK and Indian bank statements taken a week back of travel. We can mention, we will transfer amount as soon as account started.

But for me, nobody asked POF at airport.
Thanks for the answer. I was keen to know.
Regarding Goods to Follow, what if we do not have Goods to follow and we do not mention that on the slip. Is this mandatory to fill up the Goods to Follow.

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for the answer. I was keen to know.
Regarding Goods to Follow, what if we do not have Goods to follow and we do not mention that on the slip. Is this mandatory to fill up the Goods to Follow.
I had the list with me. But they did not asked. Main reason is because later i planned not to carry much things to Canada other than must to have.
I think, you may ask that once all other process is over.

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the list with me. But they did not asked. Main reason is because later i planned not to carry much things to Canada other than must to have.
I think, you may ask that once all other process is over.
Do we need to fill up the Goods to Carry and Goods to follow in the form BFS186 and BFS186a or any format in XL
How did you prepare your both the lists ? do you have any sample

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Do we need to fill up the Goods to Carry and Goods to follow in the form BFS186 and BFS186a or any format in XL
How did you prepare your both the lists ? do you have any sample
i did just excel sheet like below:

Serial no: | Item Description | Quantity | Value in CAD