Question regarding qualification for primary NOC

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Hey guys,

In one step, the system asks the following when stating the Primary Occupation:
Date Mr.x first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:
  • a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
For my NOC (I am still struggling between 0421 and 0651), since it's a management job, there is no basic "requirement" for my work. What should I enter? The date on which I became the manager? Or the date on which I received my master's degree?

Please advise,

Thanks in advance!

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Anyone can help? I am planning to submit the application tomorrow, so really appreciate any advice. Thanks guys.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
The requirements for 0421 is:
  • Faculty administrators require a graduate degree in a field related to the academic faculty
    and
    Several years of experience as a university professor or college teacher.
  • Registrars require an undergraduate degree in business administration or a related field
    and
    Several years of experience in registration administration.
  • Administrators of vocational training schools usually require an undergraduate degree in business administration
    or
    Expertise and certification in a subject of instruction.
Only secondary school is required for 0651.
If you have related study you can write the date when you finished.
Does your degree match with the requirements? ( it is not necessary but makes your decision easy)

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
  • Faculty administrators require a graduate degree in a field related to the academic faculty
    and
  • Registrars require an undergraduate degree in business administration or a related field
    and
  • Administrators of vocational training schools usually require an undergraduate degree in business administration
    or
Does your degree match with the requirements? ( it is not necessary but makes your decision easy)
Thanks very much for your opinion. I have a master's degree in education from an Ivy League school in the US, so it should suffice. But my situation is that I can't really find a perfect match in the NOC list. I work for a company providing test-prep courses such as TOEFL and SAT, as well as college admissions counseling service. There is no such kind of company in the NOC list. So I guess I'll have to go with 0651, which includes “establishments that provide services not elsewhere classified”. Any advice?

Thanks again!

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
    and
    and
    or
In my sort of business, there's no "certificate" or "qualification test" in order to perform the job. So I am wondering if I should just write down the date on which I became the manager or the date on which i received my master's degree.

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
In my sort of business, there's no "certificate" or "qualification test" in order to perform the job. So I am wondering if I should just write down the date on which I became the manager or the date on which i received my master's degree.
What date did you choose?. Did you choose date of master or date when you became manager

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
What date did you choose?. Did you choose date of master or date when you became manager
Hopefully that person is long gone and off with the rest of his life. People recommend you use the date of your last graduated degree. If it was a technical school, whenever you got your diploma.

pursuit

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hopefully that person is long gone and off with the rest of his life. People recommend you use the date of your last graduated degree. If it was a technical school, whenever you got your diploma.
Thanks for prompt response, I qualified for the job in bachelor but I have not done ECA for my bachelor, I have eca for my master. So, I am confused
1. Do I need eca (Bachelor degree) for primary NOC
2. I have a gap for 6 years when I first start my primary NOC job, which i know is wired but I preferred to work as a lecturer before moving to IT service industry