Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
Brother, you have really provided valuable information. Jazak Allah khair

Always welcome.

I am happy to assist. I think the best way to give back to this forum is to effectively reply to members' queries here. I personally learnt a lot from this platform while going through the whole process.

Feel free to ping me at "maissom@outlook.com" if you need any help in immigration process.

-Maissom.

Reactions: thinkingtoapply

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On IRCC it says that we have to show 6 months average balance on the bank letter..why do they ask for it? I have asked the same question to couple of seniors over here, they said it has to be the average and we obviously have to prove it from where we got the lump sum....and I knew the same thing you just stated...but so many ppl said about the average... are you 100% sure that the required fund is not the average 6 months?
I'm sure. The average is simply a tool for the officer to assess whether there has been any suspicious lump sum amounts that could mean that the applicant has taken a loan to meet the required funds. The discrepancy between the final balance and the average balance is irrelevant.As long as the applicant meets the required funds when submitting his/her eAPR and there is proof as to where those funds came from he/she is safe to apply.

You probably shouldn't trust those "seniors" if they do not know something so basic.

thinkingtoapply

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
What the other poster said is incorrect.

You must meet the required funds when submitting your eAPR but there is simply no rule that average balance of the past 6 months must equal the required funds. As long as there is proof of where this money is coming from (sale of assets, gift deed, salary, etc) you could have the funds for a single day for all IRCC cares.
TY for the reply
A lot of my doubts are now clear after reading all posts in this thread.
One question still remains... Should I keep my loans standing when I apply for eAPR or should I write them off ?
What I am asking is will they care if I had some outstanding loans? My overall asset value on IT returns is quite more than the loan amount.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
I'm sure. The average is simply a tool for the officer to assess whether there has been any suspicious lump sum amounts that could mean that the applicant has taken a loan to meet the required funds. The discrepancy between the final balance and the average balance is irrelevant.As long as the applicant meets the required funds when submitting his/her eAPR and there is proof as to where those funds came from he/she is safe to apply.

You probably shouldn't trust those "seniors" if they do not know something so basic.
Thanks mate. You seem right. Big headache is gone from my head now.Thank you for your feedback.

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi @maissom I am applying for the FSW program from Islamabad, Pakistan.
I received my ITA with a deadline of the first week of December. My A'level certificates, 2 of them, have minor spelling error of my name. Also, my bachelor's degree and transcript have minor name spelling error. All these are more than 15 years old. I have two masters degrees with transcripts and they have my correct name. My ECA was done by WES and it has my correct name on it. However, WES mentioned in the ECA that my bachelor's degree has a different name spelling.

Based on your experience, do you think that my A levels and bachelors degree name spellings be an issue when I submit the final educational documents? Please advice. Thanks!

Reactions: maissom

maissom

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
Hi @maissom I am applying for the FSW program from Islamabad, Pakistan.
I received my ITA with a deadline of the first week of December. My A'level certificates, 2 of them, have minor spelling error of my name. Also, my bachelor's degree and transcript have minor name spelling error. All these are more than 15 years old. I have two masters degrees with transcripts and they have my correct name. My ECA was done by WES and it has my correct name on it. However, WES mentioned in the ECA that my bachelor's degree has a different name spelling.

Based on your experience, do you think that my A levels and bachelors degree name spellings be an issue when I submit the final educational documents? Please advice. Thanks!
Hi Kestrel,

Ideally the name spellings should be identical. I had following scenario:

My O and Level certificates, BS transcript and BS degree have only my First and Last names, no middle name (as in my passport). However my doctorate degree and transcript have my full name as mentioned in the passport. My ECA report went through fine with equivalence of BS and doctorate degrees.

You can:

Search about this scrnario that is ECA report valid even with mention of spellings inconsistency. I believe the report should be valid otherwise they wouldn't have issued you equivalence of your highest degree i.e. Masters. If so, just add an explanation in your letter of explanation about this minor incosistency. Better approach would be to have them corrected. I know it would be a big hastle as you will have to approach overseas board for O and A levels. But I think British Council can help. No need to have a revised WeS evaluation as long as MS is already assessed.

All the best!

Maissom.

maissom

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
Hi Kestrel,

Ideally the name spellings should be identical. I had following scenario:

My O and Level certificates, BS transcript and BS degree have only my First and Last names, no middle name (as in my passport). However my doctorate degree and transcript have my full name as mentioned in the passport. My ECA report went through fine with equivalence of BS and doctorate degrees.

You can:

Search about this scrnario that is ECA report valid even with mention of spellings inconsistency. I believe the report should be valid otherwise they wouldn't have issued you equivalence of your highest degree i.e. Masters. If so, just add an explanation in your letter of explanation about this minor incosistency. Better approach would be to have them corrected. I know it would be a big hastle as you will have to approach overseas board for O and A levels. But I think British Council can help. No need to have a revised WeS evaluation as long as MS is already assessed.

All the best!

Maissom.
Correction: Have name correction done for BS not O/A levels (as mentioned by WES). That should be a local thing if you did bachelors from Pakistan.

Reactions: Kestrel

neophile

Aug 24, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-06
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-06
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 10-07
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
What the other poster said is incorrect.

You must meet the required funds when submitting your eAPR but there is simply no rule that average balance of the past 6 months must equal the required funds. As long as there is proof of where this money is coming from (sale of assets, gift deed, salary, etc) you could have the funds for a single day for all IRCC cares.
IRCC require bank certificate and they dont need bank account statement of six months. Else they may request to provide bank statement in additional documents required and I dont know if any body is requested to provide bank statement.... If there is any on this forum please update.

maissom

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
IRCC require bank certificate and they dont need bank account statement of six months. Else they may request to provide bank statement in additional documents required and I dont know if any body is requested to provide bank statement.... If there is any on this forum please update.

Hi,

I agree, they do not mention explicitly about bank statement; all they require is proof of sufficient funds.

I submitted both my bank account letter stating my details and current balance along with bank statement for past 6 months. My case went through fine.

Maissom.

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi,

I agree, they do not mention explicitly about bank statement; all they require is proof of sufficient funds.

I submitted both my bank account letter stating my details and current balance along with bank statement for past 6 months. My case went through fine.

Maissom.
Hi @maissom
Are these are only two documents you submitted? Are we required to submit our credit card statement as well?

maissom

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
Hi @maissom
Are these are only two documents you submitted? Are we required to submit our credit card statement as well?
Hi Kestrel,

Yes please do if you have one. Again it would be a letter from the issuer stating your account info such as your name and details about duration. Apart from that also get the statement of the card. Ensure that you have net balance to pay as zero on the day you get the statement.

Hope it helps.

Maissom.

Angel_Canada

Dec 11, 2017
Always welcome.

I am happy to assist. I think the best way to give back to this forum is to effectively reply to members' queries here. I personally learnt a lot from this platform while going through the whole process.

Feel free to ping me at "maissom@outlook.com" if you need any help in immigration process.

-Maissom.
Sir, is submitting a detailed bank letter stating sufficient funds with no lien on them suffice for proof of funds? Is it ok if we do not submit bank statements of last 6 months since they haven't been explicitly asked? The bank account details I intend to show is my primary account and I have a home loan (mortgage on property) but it is not granted by the same bank so I can hope to get a letter stating that there is no lien on my funds.
Please advise. Do you know such cases where people with home loan could make it to Canada.
Eagerly looking forward to your help..

maissom

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2017
LANDED..........
07-03-2018
Sir, is submitting a detailed bank letter stating sufficient funds with no lien on them suffice for proof of funds? Is it ok if we do not submit bank statements of last 6 months since they haven't been explicitly asked? The bank account details I intend to show is my primary account and I have a home loan (mortgage on property) but it is not granted by the same bank so I can hope to get a letter stating that there is no lien on my funds.
Please advise. Do you know such cases where people with home loan could make it to Canada.
Eagerly looking forward to your help..
Hello Angel_Canada,

First of all apologies for replying late.

As far as I remember, the cic requirements about POF explicitly state that the interested candidate should not have any liabilities or loans to clear off from the stated balance. Please go through What we accept as proof section of this link for details.

I hope this helps.

Best

Last edited:
Reactions: Angel_Canada