+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding.. PR and OHIP (Inland)

kumar30

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-01-2017
AOR Received.
29th Jan
Med's Done....
26th Nov
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2017
Me and my wife are currently in OWP and PGWP... and we are having OHIP as well.... We just received our PR and we are yet to goto the boarder for landing..

my question is.. once we do landing, will our current OHIP get invalid? Do we also need to wait for 90 days to get OHIP?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Me and my wife are currently in OWP and PGWP... and we are having OHIP as well.... We just received our PR and we are yet to goto the boarder for landing..

my question is.. once we do landing, will our current OHIP get invalid? Do we also need to wait for 90 days to get OHIP?
No, your OHIP coverage will not become invalid. You just need to update your change in status.

Reactions: kumar30

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the info...
Try and wait for 90 days before you go there as sometimes they will tell you that there is a change in the status so you have to wait for 90 days in order to get the new OHIP.

Not exactly related but this has happened to me wherein I changed my Job on PGWP and went to get the OHIP for my wife and they end up cancelling my OHIP Coverage as well stating that you changed your job and you need new letter from the Current company and have to wait for 3 Months before the OHIP coverage can be re-initiated for me.