+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question regarding ppr submission in Ottawa and change in situation..

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13 2016 (app received date)
Interview........
Skipped, Not required :)
Passport Req..
Dec 2016 for TRV and Feb 2017 for PR, all APPROVED
VISA ISSUED...
Trv approval mid December 2016,,,Decision made Feb 1 2017 for PR and Passport request Feb 6 2017 for PR
LANDED..........
(Visitor and PR both approved, Happy :) :) :) ) We couple already in Canada!
Dear friends and experts.

So we received ppr request yesterday via email and in the letter they have mentioned 4 things.

1 passport (not a trouble)

2 2 recent photographs (not a trouble)

3 Change in circumstances (This one is bothering us) Do we still need to notify them about our child birth and provide them the date of delivery. I am confused because my spouse is already in Canada on a trv.

4 In the ppr letter they have mentioned that if we are already in Canada we can send the passport to the Ottawa office. So i was wondering since they already mentioned on the letter to send to Ottawa do we still have to contact them and tell them to change the visa office to Ottawa because person is already in Canada? Is it necessary? Or should we only follow the email instructions and send them the passport directly with a copy of the letter?

Your feedfack is appreciated...

thanks

ghostrider

Oct 12, 2015
I sent my passport to Ottawa as well on 31st Jan, 2017. You don't need to inform them to change your case to Ottawa, Ottawa office is just stamping your passport.
Regarding the change in situation, I don't think you need to inform them again if you already did it once.

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Trv approval mid December 2016,,,Decision made Feb 1 2017 for PR and Passport request Feb 6 2017 for PR
LANDED..........
ghostrider said:
I sent my passport to Ottawa as well on 31st Jan, 2017. You don't need to inform them to change your case to Ottawa, Ottawa office is just stamping your passport.
Regarding the change in situation, I don't think you need to inform them again if you already did it once.
hi no we haven't notified them regarding the situation previously coz spouse was already in Canada on a trv so we thought is was not necessary and do you think it's still not necessary because in the ppr email they have mentioned about change in circumstances to be notified?

2 things applies to us change in address of spouse and spouse child birth.

Pontianak

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
3 Change in circumstances (This one is bothering us) Do we still need to notify them about our child birth and provide them the date of delivery. I am confused because my spouse is already in Canada on a trv.
As I recall, the instructions said any child being brought into canada needed to be at least mentioned in the application as well... existing, even if the child is not immigrating. Example, my wife (canadian) and I have a son together. My wife sent in the paperwork to naturalize him as a Canadian citizen (he was born in Taiwan) and I did the paperwork to have him naturalized as a US citizen (I'm a US citizen). We filled out the forms giving them the info on our son, and mentioned he wasn't immigrating to Canada because he is already a naturalized Canadian citizen but that our son is one of our pieces of evidence regarding our relationship. CIC asked for a duplicate of his birth certificate (no idea why, since we provided a copy of it in the original submission) and that was the end of the matter.

So if you didn't mention your child at all... it "might" be a problem... but I'm not a lawyer so maybe somebody more experienced than me could chip in here. It just seems to me not putting your child in the paperwork was a no-no as a child is a pretty big deal.

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pontianak said:
As I recall, the instructions said any child being brought into canada needed to be at least mentioned in the application as well... existing, even if the child is not immigrating. Example, my wife (canadian) and I have a son together. My wife sent in the paperwork to naturalize him as a Canadian citizen (he was born in Taiwan) and I did the paperwork to have him naturalized as a US citizen (I'm a US citizen). We filled out the forms giving them the info on our son, and mentioned he wasn't immigrating to Canada because he is already a naturalized Canadian citizen but that our son is one of our pieces of evidence regarding our relationship. CIC asked for a duplicate of his birth certificate (no idea why, since we provided a copy of it in the original submission) and that was the end of the matter.

So if you didn't mention your child at all... it "might" be a problem... but I'm not a lawyer so maybe somebody more experienced than me could chip in here. It just seems to me not putting your child in the paperwork was a no-no as a child is a pretty big deal.

hi thanks for your input, we didn't mentioned the child because child is not born at all :p

spouse is in Canada already and will deliver soon. Do I have to inform them that my spouse is pregnant and delivering soon? If she was outside Canada I could have inform them but since she is already in Canada and the new born baby will automatically become a Canadian citizen? What do you have to say thanks

Pontianak

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
hi thanks for your input, we didn't mentioned the child because child is not born at all :p

spouse is in Canada already and will deliver soon. Do I have to inform them that my spouse is pregnant and delivering soon? If she was outside Canada I could have inform them but since she is already in Canada and the new born baby will automatically become a Canadian citizen? What do you have to say thanks
The child isn't born yet? pfffft, I wouldn't bother mentioning the child at this point if you didn't mention it in the original application as evidence of relationship. But that's just my opinion.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
no, you don'y have to notify IRCC if the child isn't born yet. if the child is born before you land, you need to notify them. However, since the child will be a canadian citizen, it will not affect your application approval at all. If the child is born before you land, then you would just need to send a birth certificate and proof of canadian citizenship to IRCC for their records.

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CDNPR2014 said:
no, you don'y have to notify IRCC if the child isn't born yet. if the child is born before you land, you need to notify them. However, since the child will be a canadian citizen, it will not affect your application approval at all. If the child is born before you land, then you would just need to send a birth certificate and proof of canadian citizenship to IRCC for their records.
ok so what I got from many people's opinion is that we should definitely notify IRCC about child birth if the child is going to born outside Canada. I understand that point but the thing that confusing me is should I notify them after child is born inside Canada, I know child will become a canadian citizen after birth and I don't have to sponsor the child at all but do i have to update them about our child birth from inside Canada? Is it a requirement and is it a necessity

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pontianak said:
The child isn't born yet? pfffft, I wouldn't bother mentioning the child at this point if you didn't mention it in the original application as evidence of relationship. But that's just my opinion.
Is it still mandatory to notify them about our new born child in Canada because child will be a citizen by default and I don't have to sponsor the child. Does it make any point to notify them after child is born inside Canada? I am so confused whether to notify them or not?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
Is it still mandatory to notify them about our new born child in Canada because child will be a citizen by default and I don't have to sponsor the child. Does it make any point to notify them after child is born inside Canada? I am so confused whether to notify them or not?
You only need to notify IRCC if your child is born before your husband "lands", regardless of whether the child is born in Canada or not. You would then send a copy of the birth certificate and citizenship docs to IRCC via the Case Specific Enquiry website.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I agree. If the child is born in Canada before you 'land' as a PR, then notify CIC about the child by sending the birth certificate. The child will be a Canadian citizen, so will not delay your application. If the child is born after you land, you do not have to notify CIC at all.
It may not be necessary, but if you notify CIC about the birth of a Canadian citizen child, and it was not necessary for you to do so, it will not hurt your application at all. I would just do it.

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ok thank you everyone for your help.