+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding Possible Dual Citizenship

gkenney

Dec 27, 2013
Hello,

My mother was born in Canada the year of 1916 and after graduating from high school came to the US and became a US citizen, working for the Federal Government during WWII. My father was a US citizen from cradle to grave. They were married in Kodiak Alaska and I was born in San Diego California the year of 1954. At this time, both of my parents have passed on. As far as I know, my mother never renounced her Canadian citizenship.

My question is, with the foregoing background, what possibility is there of me obtaining dual (Canadian/USA) citizenship?

Thank you,

George

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gkenney said:
Hello,

My mother was born in Canada the year of 1916 and after graduating from high school came to the US and became a US citizen, working for the Federal Government during WWII. My father was a US citizen from cradle to grave. They were married in Kodiak Alaska and I was born in San Diego California the year of 1954. At this time, both of my parents have passed on. As far as I know, my mother never renounced her Canadian citizenship.

My question is, with the foregoing background, what possibility is there of me obtaining dual (Canadian/USA) citizenship?

Thank you,

George
1. Yes you are probably a Canadian citizen and can apply for proof of citizenship. Use the Citizenship tool to determine it. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/index.asp
2. To apply for proof you will require a copy of your mother's birth certificate, a copy of her marriage certificate and the long form of your birth certificate.