+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question regarding Police Clearance

bichoosn

Star Member
Sep 17, 2008
Hello!
Currently, I am residing in Australia and will be back to Pakistan in November this year. I am intending to get study permit for Canada for year 2009. My question is about police clearance for Australian Police. Should I get police clearance before leaving Australia or should I apply for Australian police clearance when I will apply for Study permit?

Regards

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
They will reqest you to get police checks but you can do it thru australian consulate in pakistan. if u can get one in hand now be4 u live. this will just aid when it comes to getting another one and it will take shorter time when its requested

bichoosn

Star Member
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks martha,

So you mean , they will ask me for police clearances. But they usually ask for it after applying for study period? Approximately after how many days ?

Regards

ebichies

Jul 5, 2008
how about if you are applying for a study permit from your home country, do they still require police checks?

thanks

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
If you mean 'student visa' no really they will ask if they need it my sisters have gone to study in canada but they were 19 in 2003 and 21 in 2008 but they never asked

shiroh

Dec 11, 2008
According to my understanding, the police clearance is best done when still in whichever country you are residing other than your come country. They in most circumstances need fingerprints to help check their data base and hence, I would advice you do it before you leave Aus. to avoid delays when you start processing you application docs.

Best of luck