+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding payment

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello to all!!!

Thanks again for the very helpful input.

I have another question if anybody can send some advice our way it would be greatly appreciated. We just paid for our application on-line, my wife and I are both living together overseas, I noticed after we made the payment the form says “Immigration Applications for Persons in Canada” We didn’t see any other forms or other means of payment for people living abroad, did we use the correct form???(Please say yes). We also clicked on Mississauga when it asked to select immigration office, just want to double check and make sure this is correct as well.

Thanks in advance for any comments

FC

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Which Visa office you are going to apply?? There are different payment methods for different offices.

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello Gurdeep!! Thanks for the reply!!
We are applying through Singapore, but first we are sending everything to Mississauga for my sponsor approval!

Thanks again!!
FC

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
I think you're ok for Mississauga. But when you send everything to Singapore, you'll have to send a check, money order, etc.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/faq.jsp

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Thanks Thaiguy!!
We have sent the $75 sponsorship fee and the $475 for primary applicant (credit card). You mentioned that we should send the $$ to Singapore, the thing is they say on the CIC site that we have to include the payment receipt. From what I understand we send the complete application including sponsor and spouse to Mississauga and then they send the package to Singapore after I (the sponsor) have been approved! When you say send the money to Singapore are you referring to the second payment that is due after they approve my wife’s PR application??

We are very confused on these payment issues, any input would be great.

Also if we have made the payment to the wrong visa office, who do we contact in order to explain our situation!
Thank to all
FC

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Thaiguy
we tried the
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/epayweb/faq.jsp link and it is under construction, maybe this is why we are having a hard time finding the correct information!!

Thanks again

FC

fingerscrossed

Oct 17, 2007
Hello again!!!

Wow this is getting a bit stressful!!
Ok back on topic. As I said in an early post we are having major problems with our payment!
I just want to add, that on the Sponsor checklist #5 it states “Copy 2 of your receipts…........or if you are paying using the internet, copy 2 properly completed of the receipt you print from our website”

It also says in the sponsors guide
Processing fees
You must pay the processing fees before you submit your sponsorship application. They include:
• $75 for the sponsor; and
• $475 for the principal applicant (your spouse or common-law partner)

Sorry I know this thread is all over the place but my wife and I are pulling our hair out over this one, Are we correct by paying the $550 to Mississauga or should we pay straight to Singapore???
Thaiguy and Gurdeep, thanks so much for your reply but we are still very confused!
Has anybody else found this part confusing??

Thanks in advance for your insight
FC

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi FC

$550 to Mississauga is correct. As you read in the instructions you have to include a copy of your receipt with the application and since it's all going to Miss. in the first instance.... that's where it goes!