+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding # of Interest to Sponsor Application if sponsoring Parents & Grand Parents Both in PGP 2020

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
Dear all,

Please advise

I want to apply for my widowed mother and both maternal grandparents (grandfather/mother)

I meet the income requirements and I am single

I wanted to know

Will I be submitting 1 interest to sponsor form for all 3 of them? or 2 applications i.e.1 for mother as the principal applicant and 1 application for maternal grandparents nominating Grandfather as the principal applicant?

Please guide

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear all,

Please advise

I want to apply for my widowed mother and both maternal grandparents (grandfather/mother)

I meet the income requirements and I am single

I wanted to know

Will I be submitting 1 interest to sponsor form for all 3 of them? or 2 applications i.e.1 for mother as the principal applicant and 1 application for maternal grandparents nominating Grandfather as the principal applicant?

Please guide

Thank you
You can only submit 1 interest to sponsor form.

I don't believe you can include your mother and her grandparents in the same application. I believe you can only sponsor either your mother or your grandparents first. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
You can only submit 1 interest to sponsor form.

I don't believe you can include your mother and her grandparents in the same application. I believe you can only sponsor either your mother or your grandparents first. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.
Example 3 on this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/who-you-can-sponsor.html

Example 3: Sponsoring your grandparents, your mother and your step father
In this situation, you’ll have to submit 2 separate sponsorship applications: 1 per couple.

On your grandparents’ application, one of them (either your grandmother or your grandfather) will be designated as the main applicant, called the principal applicant. The other will be designated as a dependant.

• If you designate your grandmother as the principal applicant, your grandfather will be the dependant.
  • If you designate your grandfather as the principal applicant, your grandmother will be the dependant.
On your mother’s application, your mother must be the principal applicant, because she’s related to you. Her partner can’t be the principal applicant. He’ll be listed as your mother’s dependant.

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
My question is now regarding the "Interest to Sponsor Form" for tomorrow, can I include both families in the same application or if I will be submitting 2 forms?

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I want to sponsor my parents (Mother and Father) together with my younger brother (5years old). Do I need to include all their names on the form? Or just one of my parent and rest are his dependents?
Thanks.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi guys,

I want to sponsor my parents (Mother and Father) together with my younger brother (5years old). Do I need to include all their names on the form? Or just one of my parent and rest are his dependents?
Thanks.
You only list your parents in the interest to sponsor form. Once you are officially selected to sponsor, you will then add your younger brother as a dependent at that time.

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Oh thank you. I thought I will only include one parent name as per instruction. So have to include both? Thanks again.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Oh thank you. I thought I will only include one parent name as per instruction. So have to include both? Thanks again.
Yes you list both parents in the form.