Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015
here is my landing experience. i landed at fort frances border yesterday, a small town in northern ontario, and the immigration officer seemed a little confused and told me that landing process is not a common thing in this office (although i checked in the cbsa website and this office do offer immigration services). i think i am the first one to do landing here. anyway, i handed him my passport and copr, he looked at it, went to the computer and he printed some info sheet (i think it was a guide for him on how to go about the process) and he read it for a few minutes. then he confirmed some details that was on the copr and everything seemed correct so we went on to sign the copr. he gave me my copy, retained the cic copy and told me that he would send that to cic office. i asked him about the PR card and he read again the sheet that he printed and told me that cic would mail it to me. i asked him if there's anything else i need to do, he told me that's it and i'm good to go.

now im just a little concerned that he missed a step or something, coz he seemed a little confused with the whole landing process. my question is how long after you land would the ecas status change from decision made to complete? i checked my ecas status and it still says decision made. i dont know if the officer at the border needs to input something on the computer, or is that something cic office would do after they received the signed copr from the immigration border office? i dont want to wait and wait for my PR card to arrive only to find out that it wasn't processed correctly.

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
congrats !!

as an immediate action, call cic tomorrow and confirm that your status is updated in their system. it should happen instantly - i had called 10 min after I landed to confirm the address and call centre agent told me that my status is updated as PR. also, wait for a few days and see if your ecas is updated to complete. there will be a 5th line in ecas after decision made line that you entered canada at this office and became permanent resident.

other non-cic related things you need to do are -

1) apply for a new sin card - one without expiry will be issued.
2) change your health card - one with 5 year validity will be issued.

indebt said:
here is my landing experience. i landed at fort frances border yesterday, a small town in northern ontario, and the immigration officer seemed a little confused and told me that landing process is not a common thing in this office (although i checked in the cbsa website and this office do offer immigration services). i think i am the first one to do landing here. anyway, i handed him my passport and copr, he looked at it, went to the computer and he printed some info sheet (i think it was a guide for him on how to go about the process) and he read it for a few minutes. then he confirmed some details that was on the copr and everything seemed correct so we went on to sign the copr. he gave me my copy, retained the cic copy and told me that he would send that to cic office. i asked him about the PR card and he read again the sheet that he printed and told me that cic would mail it to me. i asked him if there's anything else i need to do, he told me that's it and i'm good to go.

now im just a little concerned that he missed a step or something, coz he seemed a little confused with the whole landing process. my question is how long after you land would the ecas status change from decision made to complete? i checked my ecas status and it still says decision made. i dont know if the officer at the border needs to input something on the computer, or is that something cic office would do after they received the signed copr from the immigration border office? i dont want to wait and wait for my PR card to arrive only to find out that it wasn't processed correctly.

indebt

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 12-09-2014
File Transfer...
24-09-2014 (AOR2: 21-10-2014)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015
eds1275 said:
congrats !!

as an immediate action, call cic tomorrow and confirm that your status is updated in their system. it should happen instantly - i had called 10 min after I landed to confirm the address and call centre agent told me that my status is updated as PR. also, wait for a few days and see if your ecas is updated to complete. there will be a 5th line in ecas after decision made line that you entered canada at this office and became permanent resident.

other non-cic related things you need to do are -

1) apply for a new sin card - one without expiry will be issued.
2) change your health card - one with 5 year validity will be issued.
thanks eds1275. yeah i kinda knew that this landing process is very new to that immigration officer since he never mentioned anything about the sin or health card. aside from the client copy of copr, is there anything else that i should have got from them or anything else that i needed to sign?

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Only CoPR. Nothing else!

indebt said:
thanks eds1275. yeah i kinda knew that this landing process is very new to that immigration officer since he never mentioned anything about the sin or health card. aside from the client copy of copr, is there anything else that i should have got from them or anything else that i needed to sign?