+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding job market and resume creation in Canada

harry807

Jun 3, 2009
Hi,

I need to know how the job market works in Canada. Is it like US, you can make resume with fake experience of as many years as you want. Or is it like in india, u need to give all experience letters at the time of joining.

Thanks!!

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Ugh....seriously :eek: :mad: :mad:

you can do that in the US? ???

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
hi harry,

in my case, they didn't ask for experience letters.
a friend who's been here a long time told me that some do put fake experiences in their resume. they get hired sometimes, but then gets fired also after a couple of weeks.

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry807 said:
Hi,

I need to know how the job market works in Canada. Is it like US, you can make resume with fake experience of as many years as you want. Or is it like in india, u need to give all experience letters at the time of joining.

Thanks!!
Mr Harry807:

I can understand your so called "Job worries for Canada" but please do not use this for your desire of gossip. This topic/post needs to to be updated. You are a grown man and understand that these type of methods are not going to work anywhere from USA, Canada to UK. if your goal is to discuss job hunting tips than don't fill your need of a spicy gossip about resume, experience, IT Consulting, New Jersey and blah blah blah. There are plenty of folks who have landed in Alberta and can provide valuable advice to get job in Alberta but these spicy topics will take nowhere.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry807 said:
Hi,

Thanks!!
harry, employers in Canada sometimes call previous employers to verify what you have written on your resume.

harry807

Jun 3, 2009
Thanks Albertagovernor for the info.

And to Canada.lover, i have no intentions of spicy gossips. Seems like u have no experience dealing with Desi Companies in US.

canada.lover

Feb 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harry807:

I apologize for being kind of too rude and restrictive about discussion of desi companies in my post. My goal was just to keep forum in a scope and that is something out of scope and has nothing to do to with Canadian immigration. You may claim a very remote relationship between practices followed by small tech consulting companies and Canadian immigration but still it will be a matter of gossip. As far as knowledge of Consulting industry is concerned, I can write a 600 Pages long detailed thesis about the History, Origin and practices of consulting industry with real-time examples. I have owned two body shops known as tech consulting with a website and capabilities like "staff augmentation", "Delivery Model", "Off Shore Development center", "Out-sourcing giant" "11 page company brochure in .pdf format for H1B petition filing purpose", e-mail id's with tom, bob, julius, and peter type names, So called percentage basis and fixed w2 basis, referal bonus, SAP, Oracle, "Deloitte Fast 500", "Smartest CEO of the year", "fastest growing minority owned enterprise" I know all ABC of this industry.
I just don't believe in exposing the rotten part of a industry, for sake of which, We all are here. It's just me and my view.

harry807

Jun 3, 2009
Canada.lover

my concern was just i m having hard time finding job in US, my employer ask me to write my resume as per job requirement comes up.

So I just wanted to know while applying for jobs in Canada shud i submit my original resume or the same ones i m using here in US. Do the companies in Canada will be asking for experience letter. do they ask to submit educational docs. do they ask for paystubs.

car33r

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
some folks just don't get it and probably will never get it no matter what happens.

harry807 said:
Canada.lover

my concern was just i m having hard time finding job in US, my employer ask me to write my resume as per job requirement comes up.

So I just wanted to know while applying for jobs in Canada shud i submit my original resume or the same ones i m using here in US. Do the companies in Canada will be asking for experience letter. do they ask to submit educational docs. do they ask for paystubs.

BlueRobin

Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-06-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-10-2010
Passport Req..
11-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
Canada.lover,
Not trying to gossip but you nailed the issue dead on. Thanks for an unfortunately accurate summary.