+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding Immigration Medical Exam

metellu

Jul 24, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the upfront medical exam. Do you guys know if an official 'inactive TB' letter issued by a Canadian local health unit could get me exempted from the 2nd round of x-ray check? In fact, a small spot was found in my lung when I took my visa medical exam 2 years ago. But after two rounds of re-exam (conducted in Canada and my origin country), the doctors ruled out an active TB and gave me a letter as proof. Now I need to take the immigration medical exam and I'm pretty sure that they will find the same spot again. So I wonder if I am going to be asked to take another x-ray check or I can be exempted by showing iRCC the official letter. I'd like to avoid another x-ray check, as I have some thyroid nodules issue(my doctor advised me to avoid any chest x-ray checks). I don't know if that's possible. Anyone with a similar situation, please kindly let me know your experience. Thanks a lot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the upfront medical exam. Do you guys know if an official 'inactive TB' letter issued by a Canadian local health unit could get me exempted from the 2nd round of x-ray check? In fact, a small spot was found in my lung when I took my visa medical exam 2 years ago. But after two rounds of re-exam (conducted in Canada and my origin country), the doctors ruled out an active TB and gave me a letter as proof. Now I need to take the immigration medical exam and I'm pretty sure that they will find the same spot again. So I wonder if I am going to be asked to take another x-ray check or I can be exempted by showing iRCC the official letter. I'd like to avoid another x-ray check, as I have some thyroid nodules issue(my doctor advised me to avoid any chest x-ray checks). I don't know if that's possible. Anyone with a similar situation, please kindly let me know your experience. Thanks a lot.
Would make sure the person evaluated your chest X-ray has access to the one taken 2 years ago so they can compare them. If they look the same you have a good chance of avoiding the second x-ray.