+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding IMM5532e Part C Question 7: Do your close friends, Family know about your relationship?

alexru

Jan 7, 2020
I'm currently filling out this form for my wife who I'm sponsoring (I'm the Canadian Resident/Sponsor), and came across this question.
All of our friends and family knows about our relationship, except none of my family or friends from my side have PHYSICALLY met my wife due to difficulties in obtaining a visa.

My Parents (mostly my mom) speaks to her over the phone and text quite frequently, and we have planned to have my side of people meet her in a 3rd country, but this couldn't happen due to the pandemic.

My friends knows of her, and what she looks like (Vice versa for her), but we never had chance for her to speak to any of my friends due to time conflict arising from Timezone differences.

So what do I put as "Date They Met"?

Also, do I list every single person that knows about this relationship? (will be a very long list but could be a good thing I suppose)

Thank you all for the help in advance!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just tell the truth. You don't need to list all friends, but you'll ahve to use your own judgment about how many makes sense.

Surely some friends where you are living have physically met her?

If date 'met' is online, include a letter of explanation and make it clear.

alexru

Jan 7, 2020
Just tell the truth. You don't need to list all friends, but you'll ahve to use your own judgment about how many makes sense.

Surely some friends where you are living have physically met her?

If date 'met' is online, include a letter of explanation and make it clear.
Thank you for answering my question!

And no, they haven't met her as all of my friends that I had in her country were also foreigners, by the time I met her, they've all left the country, and after I met her, I didn't really bother making new friends, since my visa was also nearing an end.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for answering my question!

And no, they haven't met her as all of my friends that I had in her country were also foreigners, by the time I met her, they've all left the country, and after I met her, I didn't really bother making new friends, since my visa was also nearing an end.
I misunderstood (or guessed wrong) at the history.

But notice the form says "our" friends and family. You should also include her friends and family where appropriate.

It will make more sense when you explain due to travel history and pandemic of course - ie. that you have met her friends and family because that's where you resided.

alexru

Jan 7, 2020
I misunderstood (or guessed wrong) at the history.

But notice the form says "our" friends and family. You should also include her friends and family where appropriate.

It will make more sense when you explain due to travel history and pandemic of course - ie. that you have met her friends and family because that's where you resided.
Ok will do, thank you.

Also, do you have any recommendation as to how many people I should list?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok will do, thank you.

Also, do you have any recommendation as to how many people I should list?
I do not.

I think you should look into this in context of what other aspects of your marriage are well-documented. If, for example, your photos of wedding and time together includes other people (who you can name on photos), then putting a lot of people on this list will not help much.

(We included basically only relatives but our case quite straightforward)