+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding educational/work history

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi,

I studied at university for two yrs. However, I had three trips to my home country as vacations during the new-year holidays and summer break over that 2 yrs. Do I need to mention those vacations(trips) in Work/Educational history?

I appreciate your help in advance.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi,

I studied at university for two yrs. However, I had three trips to my home country as vacations during the new-year holidays and summer break over that 2 yrs. Do I need to mention those vacations(trips) in Work/Educational history?

I appreciate your help in advance.
Your vacations will be mentioned in the physical presence calculator. You were still a student, enrolled in your university even while you were on vacation, so there shouldn’t be any gaps.

Reactions: RJ2020

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Your vacations will be mentioned in the physical presence calculator. You were still a student, enrolled in your university even while you were on vacation, so there shouldn’t be any gaps.
Thank you so much for your reply. So, in work/educational history, I just write student for that 2 yrs consistently? I don’t mention vacations during that 2yrs that I was student, in educational and work history?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply. So, in work/educational history, I just write student for that 2 yrs consistently? I don’t mention vacations during that 2yrs that I was student, in educational and work history?
That’s what I did. I was a student from 2009-13 and 2013-15 at a university and went on vacations during the summer break. So I put student continuously. Unless you worked (part time or full time) during any of your student years, there’s no need to put vacation since that will be accounted for in your physical presence calculator. You also don’t have to list any of your addresses while you were on vacation.

Reactions: RJ2020