+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding documents/forms

Curtis3321

Apr 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
Hey!

When submitting documents for proof of address, joint accounts, purchases, do I need to photocopy/print the entire page, showing bank account numbers and other private or irrelevant information? Or should I crop it and show just what I need? Or print the whole page and blackout bank account numbers etc.?

Thanks!

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
For our joint account, we went to our bank and they were able to print some kind of statement for each of us that had our address and account type and number (to show it was the same account since there was a separate page for each of us) but didnt have any actual financial info. If you have to use some kind of statement that does have financial information, I would print/copy the whole page and then use a sharpie to strikethrough/black out anything financial that isnt relevant to proving what you need to prove. And maybe write a little note explaining why. Cropping could come across as fake.

Curtis3321

Apr 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
For our joint account, we went to our bank and they were able to print some kind of statement for each of us that had our address and account type and number (to show it was the same account since there was a separate page for each of us) but didnt have any actual financial info. If you have to use some kind of statement that does have financial information, I would print/copy the whole page and then use a sharpie to strikethrough/black out anything financial that isnt relevant to proving what you need to prove. And maybe write a little note explaining why. Cropping could come across as fake.
Thanks from my partner and I, this was helpful.

If anybody reading this would be so kind to let us know how they went about doing this, that would be appreciated!

IrrMirr

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Hey!

When submitting documents for proof of address, joint accounts, purchases, do I need to photocopy/print the entire page, showing bank account numbers and other private or irrelevant information? Or should I crop it and show just what I need? Or print the whole page and blackout bank account numbers etc.?

Thanks!
We just printed the whole thing, didnt hide/blackout anything

Reactions: SofiaMartins