+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding conflicts in applicant history for Visitor Visa application and Spousal sponsorship under Family class program

Kanwal Gupta

Dec 17, 2017
Hi,
There is a mismatch in previous 10 years history for my wife's visitor visa application(got rejected) and now she has applied for Spousal sponsorship under family class but she has mentioned some part of history which doesn't match with history in visitor visa application. There is a discrepancy because I filled her visitor visa application and wasn't very sure about her history. Will this impact her application ? The recent history matches for last two years and the period we were together.

Timeline of experiences
I am also attaching the link "Timeline of experiences" for time line where the difference in experiences is shown. The timeline above in the picture in the link is timeline for previous TRV application and one below is timeline for new Spousal sponsorship. Request you to have a look and any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Timeline of experiences
Thanks

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi,
There is a mismatch in previous 10 years history for my wife's visitor visa application(got rejected) and now she has applied for Spousal sponsorship under family class but she has mentioned some part of history which doesn't match with history in visitor visa application. There is a discrepancy because I filled her visitor visa application and wasn't very sure about her history. Will this impact her application ? The recent history matches for last two years and the period we were together.

Timeline of experiences
I am also attaching the link "Timeline of experiences" for time line where the difference in experiences is shown. The timeline above in the picture in the link is timeline for previous TRV application and one below is timeline for new Spousal sponsorship. Request you to have a look and any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Timeline of experiences
Thanks
First of all and you probably know this in hindsight is that you shouldn't have guessed at her history when you did the TRV app. You should have consulted with her and used the actual information. I hope with your spousal app that you provided all of the correct information. They do have the info from the refused TRV application to look at and compare, however it might not really be an issue. To be on the safe side you should send a web form to IRCC explaining why there is a discrepancy. It is better to be pro-active and give them the correct information than having them come asking you why there is a difference in the info you provided.