+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding closed work permit with gone for long unpaid vacation.

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
Hi,

I have closed work permit and have unpaid vacation for 5 months to go to my home country.
I got COPR yesterday and will go for landing flight to Canada very soon.
Will it be problem to entering Canada/ activate COPR at the airport because of I did not work for 5 months? (I have recent supportive/ employment letter from employer that I am gone for 5 months of unpaid vacation and will return to company which date.)

Please give me advise.

Thanks,

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have closed work permit and have unpaid vacation for 5 months to go to my home country.
I got COPR yesterday and will go for landing flight to Canada very soon.
Will it be problem to entering Canada/ activate COPR at the airport because of I did not work for 5 months? (I have recent supportive/ employment letter from employer that I am gone for 5 months of unpaid vacation and will return to company which date.)

Please give me advise.

Thanks,
You won't have any problems. You don't even need to mention the leave or the letter from your employer.

Ankita ankita

Feb 7, 2020
@canuck_in_uk
Hello
I have a question
My PR aplication is in process and i claim points for lmia in express entry..but i have to go to india for personal reason and coming back after 3-4 months.
1) am i able to enter canada again with a employer specific work permit ? As i will not be able to work for 3 months
2) will my PR be affected ? I will got rejected ?

Thankyou

Ankita ankita

Feb 7, 2020
Hello
I have a question
My PR aplication is in process and i claim points for lmia in express entry..but i have to go to india for personal reason and coming back after 3-4 months.
1) am i able to enter canada again with a employer specific work permit ? As i will not be able to work for 3 months
2) will my PR be affected ? I will got rejected ?

Thankyou