Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
I currently hold temporary resident status in Canada (work visa), which is due to expire next month. I am from a visa exempt country, so I have applied for a change of status to visitor.

My concern is that the application may not be processed by the expiry date of my visa next month. My question is, will I have implied status in Canada from the date I actually applied? Can I remain here until a decision is made? And, if the decision did turn out to be negative, would I be considered as overstaying my visa while awaiting a response? I guess I'm wondering if I should be going to the USA to await a response from CIC.

I should probably add that I left it so late because I wanted to ensure that my sponsor would be approved first. Unfortunately, CIC are taking much longer than expected to make a decision on our sponsorship application (received AOR two weeks ago, nothing since).

Also, I included a cover letter from both myself and my partner, acknowledging that we understand I may not legally work in Canada during the visit, and must leave Canada at the end of the visit, regardless of the outcome of my PR application. Has anybody had experience with changing status like this?

Many Thanks,
Kay