+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding change of field of study

Nov 30, 2019
I am a B.Tech graduate in Food technology. I want to study International business management in Canada ( graduate certificate course). Will I get my student visa rejected by the VO since I am planning on changing my field of study from engineering to business? If yes, then what other business course should I look into which will not result in the same outcome?

mayankraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
india
I am a B.Tech graduate in Food technology. I want to study International business management in Canada ( graduate certificate course). Will I get my student visa rejected by the VO since I am planning on changing my field of study from engineering to business? If yes, then what other business course should I look into which will not result in the same outcome?
It won't matter much if you are slightly going off track and have necessary reasoning to back your decision. But, looking at your case I can say that you can face serious problems by the look of it. Not only did you have a field in engineering, but you had an entirely unique field related to food. What you're opting for is polar opposite to the field of study you previous had.
This could be a strong reason to trigger a rejection by the VO.
I suggest you look for something that relates more to your current qualification.

Nov 30, 2019
not randomly.. i want to shift to management field.. be it business or supply chain.. we studied briefly about these topics in our 4th year (makaut board) ..