+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding a Canadian Spouse + transcript

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time applicant in need of help regarding the CEC application procedures. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Questions #1: My spouse is a Canadian citizen, does she need to complete the "Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]" and "Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]"?

Question #2: I heard that a sealed university transcript for myself is needed but I didn't in the checklist. Is a sealed transcript still needed for CEC?

Thank you in advance for the help from the seniors.

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
There are at least two threads in the forum (one of them is still on the front page) answering the spouse question. With regards to the university transcripts not sure if they were needed in the past but they are currently not required for CEC.

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
atanto said:
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time applicant in need of help regarding the CEC application procedures. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Questions #1: My spouse is a Canadian citizen, does she need to complete the "Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]" and "Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]"?

Question #2: I heard that a sealed university transcript for myself is needed but I didn't in the checklist. Is a sealed transcript still needed for CEC?

Thank you in advance for the help from the seniors.

Hi,

Re Q1 - exactly same situation as yours. My common law partner is a Canada born& raised citizen, but I decided to apply under CEC. IN my app package, I did not include "Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]" and "Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]" for her. As I remember, I included only her travel history (with me & not with me), Canada birth cert copy, driver license copy, passport copy, the original common-law union form (dont rmb the exact form#) with lawyer stamp, and finally, a "rationale letter" telling the officer the circumstances.

It was a brief letter, stating my partner will not be my dependent nor sponsor in this CEC application, and thus no forms provided and no fee paid for her.

Speaking of myself the app package seems okay to the VO. Done the medical couple weeks ago just waiting for the next nice CIC email...

Q2 - no you dont need a sealed University transcript. I gave CIC the transcript copies only; though I included a copy of my graduation certificate as well.

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the answer, guys!.

Did it say anywhere on the checklist that we should submit a copy of our graduation certificate? Because I didn't remember seeing it.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
atanto said:
Thank you so much for the answer, guys!.

Did it say anywhere on the checklist that we should submit a copy of our graduation certificate? Because I didn't remember seeing it.
No. you dont have to submit. The rules have changed since Jan 2, 2013