+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question re: Outland Sponsorship Common Law

ELA1221

Apr 8, 2019
Germany/Canada
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me - I have tried to find the answers in the various forums on this site, but can't seem to find the exact answer I am looking for.

My fiancee and I are in the process of applying for sponsorship - we currently live together in Germany. The plan at the moment is that we will submit our application by the end of this month. I will return in August for a job and he will follow when/if he is approved. My worry is it will negatively impact the application if I am going back before him? Does anyone know anything about that? Do we apply via the inland route or outland route?

Additionally, I am not completely sure where to submit the application to. I was under the impression we mail it to the processing centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia (This is the address on the document checklist). Is that correct or do we send to a place here in Europe? I read that some people were submitting to a processing centre in Vienna for outland sponsorship and I am not sure where to submit ours to.

Thank you in advance so much to anyone who can help! :)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No, it won't. In fact, one of the things you must prove if you are a citizen outside of Canada sponsoring a spouse is your intent to return to Canada. Since you're planning on returning in about five months, surely you have plans (and you have a job, which is a good proof of intent to return!)

You must apply via outland as you are out of Canada.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
And I am assuming that you are applying as common law and you have proof of continue living together for more than 12 months.

ELA1221

Apr 8, 2019
Germany/Canada
And I am assuming that you are applying as common law and you have proof of continue living together for more than 12 months.
Hi, yes sorry should have mentioned that. We have lived together for 2,5 years and were together for 2 years prior to that. Have proof of the cohabitation.

Reactions: YVR123

ELA1221

Apr 8, 2019
Germany/Canada
No, it won't. In fact, one of the things you must prove if you are a citizen outside of Canada sponsoring a spouse is your intent to return to Canada. Since you're planning on returning in about five months, surely you have plans (and you have a job, which is a good proof of intent to return!)

You must apply via outland as you are out of Canada.
Hi Thanks for replying!
Do you know where can I find information to apply outland from Germany? Thanks again!