+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question re ATIP report / Refusal Grounds

Itenka

Dec 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We did not attach any docs when making our ATIP requests, as it was optional.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itenka said:
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
We applied for Canadian citizenship (husband and wife) back in July 2014. The husband then got RQ'ed (the RQ came directly from Sydney).

Now we just received our ATIP reports (electronic files) and are confused about one of the sections of the report, namely "Refusal Grounds".

It says:
REFUSAL GROUNDS
REFUSAL GROUNDS: 1
Created Date: 2014/06/14
Created By: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2014/11/14
Updated By: SADMIN
Article Of The Act: A2
Article Description:

This is really weird, is that refusal to disclose more information under the Access to Privacy Request, or is it that our applications for citizenship are likely to be refused?
Hi,
Please do not tire yourself trying to decipher ATIP. So please wait until CIC calls you. They will give proper reason for rejection. They will have a hearing with the judge and give you chance to explain or provide more documentary evidence. Please do not jump the gun and make yourself sorry.
Things have a way of working themselves out if we do not disturb the nature of it.
All the best in your citizenship process.

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,
I ordered ATIP and i have exactly same details what itenka had provided. The dates match as well.
Looks like a bug in the system or batch updates that gets updated in the file regularly for all ? Too much room for interpretation.

Again, my case is very straight forward with one absences (3 weeks) and i began to live here 3 months after first landing as PR.Employed from day 1 (since i started to live here) and no prohibitions. Applied with 1100+ days.

wierd. Some time too much info can ruin the peace :)

However when i look at other sections it does makes sense, Security clearance in-progress etc.

Note : Since i had all relevant documents , i have sent my RQ responses to CIC local office. Atleast i know the RQ codes that triggered RQ in first place, but not exactly the reason. Hopefully the RQ response will help them clear any clarifications. That's the hope.
Keeping fingers crossed.

chikloo said:
Hi,
Please do not tire yourself trying to decipher ATIP. So please wait until CIC calls you. They will give proper reason for rejection. They will have a hearing with the judge and give you chance to explain or provide more documentary evidence. Please do not jump the gun and make yourself sorry.
Things have a way of working themselves out if we do not disturb the nature of it.
All the best in your citizenship process.

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/

A2 – NCB in FOSS, Warning or Note(s) in GCMS indicating a concern.

NCB — Non-computer based entry
FOSS — Field Operations Support System (old CIC computer system)
GCMS — Global Case Management System (new CIC computer system)

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IS there a way to find what is the Notes? A2 is very generic like warning.

paul911 said:
https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/

A2 – NCB in FOSS, Warning or Note(s) in GCMS indicating a concern.

NCB — Non-computer based entry
FOSS — Field Operations Support System (old CIC computer system)
GCMS — Global Case Management System (new CIC computer system)

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi itenka,
I believe that you should not worry if you have a proof of physical residence.
I have gotten same notes (Refusal -Triage 1, Act 2) in my GCMS report and whilst trying to find an answer for
the RQ trigger, there is only one i can think of :-

1. Did your husband request travel document (PR -Immigrant Visa in his Passport) in any of Canadian Embassy to enter canada after becoming a PR?

Itenka said:
Well, that's the thing. I want to hope we are not 'supposed' to be rejected, because there just should not be any reason for rejection. We both applied with over 1250 days of physical presence, provided an official language proof, etc.

I was thinking, maybe this section simply does not mean anything at all, otherwise, why would these entries be made by SADMIN, and not an actual person:

Created Date: 2014/06/14
Created By: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2014/11/14
Updated By: SADMIN

I hope someone on this forum has seen something similar in their ATIP reports and will be willing to share.

Itenka

Dec 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
Hi itenka,

1. Did your husband request travel document (PR -Immigrant Visa in his Passport) in any of Canadian Embassy to enter canada after becoming a PR?
He did, as the PR cards took quite a while to come in the mail, and he was planning a trip back to Canada at that point, so he applied for a travel document while he was in the US. Did you request one too?

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itenka said:
He did, as the PR cards took quite a while to come in the mail, and he was planning a trip back to Canada at that point, so he applied for a travel document while he was in the US. Did you request one too?
Itenka,

DataScintist and I have come to a conclusion that issuing the travel document triggered the RQ. We all know that this is a legal process when you want to get back to Canada before the issuance of the PR Card. I was also surprised of my RQ and I have been living/ working since I came back using the travel document on my passport. It is one of the factors the blindly triggers the RQ. We hope once they look at the RQ response, they will find out the truth and put our files back to track.

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That confirms it all. Your case is very similar to Nov 06 and mine as well.

We all had travel documents issued when we came back to live in canada (with PR Card yet to arrive) at a later date soon after completing the landing.

As long as you have proof for residency from the time you started living here, there should not be any worries.

The date on the refusal sections looks similar to my GCMS report , meaning there is a batch update that goes into the system looking for these indicators.

However this RQ Triage A2 is a scary one when you go through it first :-(

Itenka said:

Itenka

Dec 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
datascientist said:
That confirms it all. Your case is very similar to Nov 06 and mine as well.

We all had travel documents issued when we came back to live in canada (with PR Card yet to arrive) at a later date soon after completing the landing.

As long as you have proof for residency from the time you started living here, there should not be any worries.

The date on the refusal sections looks similar to my GCMS report , meaning there is a batch update that goes into the system looking for these indicators.

However this RQ Triage A2 is a scary one when you go through it first :-(
Hi guys,
That is an interesting theory, but I agree it does seem to make lots of sense now that there is 3 of us with similar circumstances. I just hope our RQs get processed in a prompt manner.

Just a quick question to Nov 06, 2014, though:
do you also have the same A2 note in the "Refusal Grounds" section of your ATIP?

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Itenka,
we can safely conclude that the issuance of Travel Document ( PR Visa - Additional ones) caused this trigger based on similar circumstances we all share. Also read the note below which indicates a issuance of Resident Visa -1 makes a valid qualifier for A2 Trigger.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NCB (non-computer based entry in FOSS similar to a client note in GCMS) indicates that the applicant travels often, that Immigration has received information that the applicant does not reside in Canada, that the applicant relinquished or attempted to relinquish permanent resident status while outside Canada, or that the applicant has lost or is subject to loss of permanent resident while outside Canada (for example an RX-1 visa was issued).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Itenka said:
Hi guys,
That is an interesting theory, but I agree it does seem to make lots of sense now that there is 3 of us with similar circumstances. I just hope our RQs get processed in a prompt manner.

do you also have the same A2 note in the "Refusal Grounds" section of your ATIP?

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itenka said:
Hi guys,

@ Itenka,
This is not a theory. The A2 note and the information @ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2006/ob022.asp make things clear. I have just ordered my ATIP. Both me and my wife got RQed and both were issued the travel document visa to come back to Canada for good after two month prior to the issuance of the PR Cards. I also hope they deal with our files fairly and we get back on track with others.