Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
Buletruck said:
We were some of the lucky ones that got a TRV. And we spent a lot of time prior to applying to provide the proof that she was a visitor, and not a resident (legal or illegal). We established an extensive travel history to both exempt and non-exempt countries, never over staying, for 2 years prior to even attempting a single entry TRV to Canada for a 10 day visit. We made sure that we provided the strong ties to her home country (registration and permission of leave from the local university she was attending), documentation from her employer of her job status, extensive bank records showing she had sufficient funds to support a week in Canada on her own if necessary, detailed pre-planned travel with-in Canada where we were going, staying and doing and return tickets (purchased in advance).....all to prove the one thing CIC really wants to hear. That she was going to leave in the end!
The system and the people making these decisions cannot realistically be expected to consider the emotional stress to you that comes with your applications. They are there to make decisions based on the facts presented to them and it is your responsibility to provide them with enough to tip the scale in your favour. Yours and everyone else's (including my own) tales of hardship, despair and emotional trauma are potential just that...tales told to circumvent the system. They probably become a little jaded after a while from hearing them all.
yes, i guess s you are right. i will do my best to provide all of that, which i already had planned to provide... one quick question, plane ticket... you purchased actual ticket even without knowing if you would be refused? can u explain, because i would not want to lose out on a place ticket value.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
We purchased refundable tickets. More money, but worth it based on my experience. In my mind the non refundable portion of the ticket was a minimal risk to take and loose if the application failed. It was more important to have that little piece of solid, credible evidence she was leaving, rather than just a unconfirmed flight itinerary.

jtannous

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar 3, 2016
File Transfer...
Apr 1, 2016
Med's Request
Done ahead of time
Med's Done....
Done ahead of time
Interview........
Oct 3, 2016
LANDED..........
Oct 17, 2016
Buletruck said:
We purchased refundable tickets. More money, but worth it based on my experience.
ok, thank you very much everyone!!!

Has_san

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
Hello Everyone!

I hope I get some good advises from here.

Ok! My case is straight forward hopefully !! .. I am applying for TRV for myself, my father and mother together in order visit in Canada on my wife's delivery who is the Canadian Citizen. I have planned to stay for a month and my parents would want to accompany me and would be staying for 2 weeks. We are here in the UAE for last 15 years and I and my dad are having a stable job.

Now! I am submitting the applications for all three of us together and providing one bank statement which is under my name showing the proof of funds. My dad will be attaching his copy of property papers, his salary certificate and his leave approval as well in order to show strong ties. I am going to attach the copy of notarized invitation letter which will be sent to me by my wife. She lives with her brother and mother and they will be able to provide us with accommodation and food.

My mother is under the sponsorship of my dad in the UAE and my 2 brothers and sister will be staying in the UAE so my mother will have to come back to takecare of them. We are also attaching our Tenancy Contract in the UAE as well with the renewal letter.

Last but not the least, we are attaching all the travel history to every countries we visited.

Kindly advise if this is the right way to go? Should I get the return tickets as well for all of us ?? Is my bank statement enough to show the proof of funds for all three of us?

Mar 17, 2016
this is a frustrating problem with a very simple solution that CIC refuses to implement. Does nobody else see this?

If the government will take a bail bond on the visitor holding the inviter responsible then the inviter will personally see to it that the party will get back on the plane and leave the country!!

It is not such a crazy idea because our justice system uses this to allow criminals to walk free while they await their trial. It is enough security to allow an alleged criminal back out on the streets, so why can't it be allowed for TRV's?

So simple. If you want to visit, have someone post a bail of $100k in your name that defaults if they do not leave in time. For people here with means of support, it wouldn't be difficult to get a line of credit for this amount with the bank and it would be cheap to borrow for a short time.

M

mikeymyke

two.wheeled@hotmail.com said:
this is a frustrating problem with a very simple solution that CIC refuses to implement. Does nobody else see this?

If the government will take a bail bond on the visitor holding the inviter responsible then the inviter will personally see to it that the party will get back on the plane and leave the country!!
That just adds extra costs to the host to have to post a "bail bond" like that. The bigger issue is people from these non visa exempt countries who in the past, keep violating immigration laws, work when they're not supposed to, overstay, etc. If these people would just obey the immigration laws as a visitor, Canada would have no reason to impose visa restrictions.

If you look at Vietnam for example, that country is quite notorious for overstays, illegal work, and even false passport/identities, hence they are one of the few countries in the world that require biometrics to enter Canada, alongside countries like Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc. Not exactly a nice group of countries to be associated with, is it? It really goes to show you how strongly Canada has to restrict Vietnamese citizens to enter here. But you can really only blame past and even current Vietnamese (not all of them of course), for violating immigration laws, hence the government has to put up roadblocks for them.

It's not just Canada too, if you look at US, Australia, Europe, they all impose visa restrictions on Vietnamese, and for the same reasons Canada is.

My wife is Vietnamese, and she was married to me and had a PR application pending while applying for visitor visa, and she was successful in getting one valid for the life of her passport (see my signature). Its difficult to get one, but if you submit a lot of documentation and show that she will only stay here temporarily, the chances will be higher she will get one. I was skeptical myself, but my wife is living proof that its possible.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
two.wheeled@hotmail.com said:
It is much simpler to just refuse the TRV.

Cost/benefit is simply not appealing.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has_san said:
Hello Everyone!

I hope I get some good advises from here.

Ok! My case is straight forward hopefully !! .. I am applying for TRV for myself, my father and mother together in order visit in Canada on my wife's delivery who is the Canadian Citizen. I have planned to stay for a month and my parents would want to accompany me and would be staying for 2 weeks. We are here in the UAE for last 15 years and I and my dad are having a stable job.

Now! I am submitting the applications for all three of us together and providing one bank statement which is under my name showing the proof of funds. My dad will be attaching his copy of property papers, his salary certificate and his leave approval as well in order to show strong ties. I am going to attach the copy of notarized invitation letter which will be sent to me by my wife. She lives with her brother and mother and they will be able to provide us with accommodation and food.

My mother is under the sponsorship of my dad in the UAE and my 2 brothers and sister will be staying in the UAE so my mother will have to come back to takecare of them. We are also attaching our Tenancy Contract in the UAE as well with the renewal letter.

Last but not the least, we are attaching all the travel history to every countries we visited.

Kindly advise if this is the right way to go? Should I get the return tickets as well for all of us ?? Is my bank statement enough to show the proof of funds for all three of us?
What documents (other than your passports) are you going to show travel history? How much money each of you are showing?