+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question outland familiy sponsorship

edacaret

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi everyone, I wanted to see if anyone can help me with a question. Me an my family (wife and 3 young kids) applied for outland family sponsorship pr on march of this year. We currently live in Guatemala but she was born in Canada, I am from Guatemala. We sent our application on March 8th, and on April 22 they wrote us back it was starting to be processed (I believe they told us it was heading to Mexico for further processing) and also confirming that the first filter had gone through,. I'm getting a little worried or maybe anxious since we haven't received anything after that and its been over 10 months since we sent the application which was received on march 9th. Should I be worried or is it totally normal? Anything I can do right now other than wait?

thank you very much

lovelywhite7

May 10, 2016
Hi edacaret,

It's been around 6 months since the start of the process of your file, so I think it's normal. I did hear that they will be shortening the process time for outland applications, but 6 months is still an average time. If it has been more than a year and you haven't heard back, that's when I would start worrying.