+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question on work experience

midtown

May 12, 2017
I have around 13+ years of work experience in relevant NOC. For latest 6 years I have all the employment letters (incl. ones with role and responsibilities). For remaining I have joining, relieving letters and some pay slips.

I am planning to put all 13+ years in my work history of PR application (post ITA) and attach the docs I have. For the ones where I have roles and responsibilities, I will attach those letter so I can get points for 3 years. For remaining, I will attach the documents I have.

I have read in some forums that only the experience for which you are getting points should be shown in work history and nothing else. While some forums advice to show all experience and attach what all docs you have. I feel latter is more appropriate as it will show my complete work history, which are all in the same NOC.

Is there any strong recommendation of *not* showing all experience? Also, any reason behind that?

Thanks in advance

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
I have around 13+ years of work experience in relevant NOC. For latest 6 years I have all the employment letters (incl. ones with role and responsibilities). For remaining I have joining, relieving letters and some pay slips.

I am planning to put all 13+ years in my work history of PR application (post ITA) and attach the docs I have. For the ones where I have roles and responsibilities, I will attach those letter so I can get points for 3 years. For remaining, I will attach the documents I have.

I have read in some forums that only the experience for which you are getting points should be shown in work history and nothing else. While some forums advice to show all experience and attach what all docs you have. I feel latter is more appropriate as it will show my complete work history, which are all in the same NOC.

Is there any strong recommendation of *not* showing all experience? Also, any reason behind that?

Thanks in advance
You can show all your work experience provided you can get all the reference letters from your employers to substantiate it. If you can great if you cant then you cant insert them in. Hope that explains.

Reactions: midtown